Try 30 days of free premium.

Backpackers - TV or web.

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 1

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/3497/backpackers

Been going through some stuff I've seen but not followed or marked "watched" yet and saw this only has two episodes and noticed it's because it's set to CW on TV and not CW Seed as a web channel. It aired in 2013 as an 11ish-minute 8 episode webseries on CW Seed and CTV, then CW picked it up for a 2nd season and decided to air it on TV with 2 webisodes joined together to make one episode and IIRC, intended to air it all together over summer 2014, going from season 1 right into season 2... but after 2 TV episodes, they pulled it and released them all on on CW Seed instead. Since it originally started as a webseries and ended as a webseries, shouldn't we use the CW Seed format instead of the CW TV one?

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
shouldn't we use the CW Seed format instead of the CW TV one?

Yep, definitely, we should follow a premiere source. 

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
Yep, definitely, we should follow a premiere source. 

That was my gut reaction but I didn't want to add all those episodes and change so much for an established listing and it then be wrong or something. I'll update it.

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Need a little help with this now, started watching this again since I'd never seen season 2 yet... As I said before, season 1 was going to be aired on TV by joining 2 webisodes together to make 1 TV episode (making it 4 TV episodes instead of 8 webisodes) and also produced 6 new TV episodes for a season 2, but after 2 episodes on TV, CW cancelled the show and moved season 2 to CW Seed where season 1 was originally from... 

The problem I'm having now is that the webisode versions of season 2 just literally took the TV version of each episode and cut it into four pieces without adding opening and end credits to each part. So for example, opening credits are only present on episode 201, 205, 209 etc and end credits are only on episode 204, 208, 212 etc. The first three episodes of each grouping end with just a black screen, and the last 3 begin with just the show logo that would've been a commercial bumper had they aired on TV.

So I'm thinking the guest and normal crew would have to be added to each of the 4, and the guest cast would be uncredited for the first 3 and added as guest star on the 4th, with "credit only" where that applies. Or should I do it differently? 

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@kevin87 wrote:
Need a little help with this now, started watching this again since I'd never seen season 2 yet... As I said before, season 1 was going to be aired on TV by joining 2 webisodes together to make 1 TV episode (making it 4 TV episodes instead of 8 webisodes) and also produced 6 new TV episodes for a season 2, but after 2 episodes on TV, CW cancelled the show and moved season 2 to CW Seed where season 1 was originally from... 

The problem I'm having now is that the webisode versions of season 2 just literally took the TV version of each episode and cut it into four pieces without adding opening and end credits to each part. So for example, opening credits are only present on episode 201, 205, 209 etc and end credits are only on episode 204, 208, 212 etc. The first three episodes of each grouping end with just a black screen, and the last 3 begin with just the show logo that would've been a commercial bumper had they aired on TV.

So I'm thinking the guest and normal crew would have to be added to each of the 4, and the guest cast would be uncredited for the first 3 and added as guest star on the 4th, with "credit only" where that applies. Or should I do it differently? 

weird stuff they are doing there, but yes, do it as you suggested :)

Try 30 days of free premium.