Try 30 days of free premium.

New Status :: Partial

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

I don't know how many people would be interested in a new, fourth status Partial to go along with Acquired, Watched, & Skipped.

There are a number of shows, mainly news & talk, where I only watch a part of the show. My own personal cut off was if I watched about 50% or more, I class it watched otherwise I class it skipped but I'd love to be able to mark it 'Partial'. Making it even more difficult to implement, you could take any ratings for partially watched shows as weighted to only 50%. (ie 2 partial ratings = 1 watched rating) ... or just count them as the same ... or only allow watched ratings to count.

I know it'll not float to the top of the ToDo pile but just running it up the flagpole to see if it gets any salutes. Thanks for reading.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

@SilverSurfer wrote:
Making it even more difficult to implement, you could take any ratings for partially watched shows as weighted to only 50%. (ie 2 partial ratings = 1 watched rating) ... or just count them as the same ... or only allow watched ratings to count.

to make it even more difficult you need to be able to choose, what part of the episode (in %) you've watched, and use this number to decimate your vote, calculate your watching stats etc.  :D

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
to make it even more difficult you need to be able to choose, what part of the episode (in %) you've watched, and use this number to decimate your vote, calculate your watching stats etc.  :D

... or, we break down each show into segments and have multiple ratings points per episode! ;)

Try 30 days of free premium.