Try 30 days of free premium.

Mystery celebrity crediting

Magitroopa wrote 3 years ago: 1

So after I saw Tyler Blevins/Ninja listed as a guest star on The Masked Singer's "Return of the Masks: Groups A & B", I was suggest to make a discussion thread about this.

While I'm sure many people already know the premise of the show, I'll mention it anyway incase someone stumbles upon this and has no clue what the show is at all: Mystery celebrities are disguised in a costume from head-to-toe, and sing each week, trying to stay in the competition. The panelists of the show attempt to guess who is who, and as each celebrity/mask/costume is eliminated, it is then found out who the celebrity is.

Apart from Ninja on that one episode, the only other people currently either listed for the main cast or guest stars is the host, panelists, and guest panelists on the show. From whatever is decided here, either Ninja's credit on the episode should be deleted, or all the other mystery celebrities should be added on to every episode. That would definitely take a bit of time, since once they are revealed, we'd then have to add them to not only the episode they were eliminated, but also all episodes they weren't eliminated in as well.

As per @TonyMayhew in the Edit Requests forum, there is a similar show, Through the Keyhole, and currently on here, only the guest panelists are credited, none of the celebrities whose homes are in it are credited. There's also another new show coming to Nickelodeon this Saturday, Unfiltered, which will be mostly similar to TMS, but focusing moreso on clues than singing (Promo here to show what the show is like).

So the main question is, if celebrities are a mystery until later in the series if/when they are revealed, should they be included as guest credits here or not?

----------

My personal belief is that they should not be listed here. I help update a lot of other TV show sites like this, and currently the only site listing the mystery celebrities is IMDb. I'm sure some people may come here and find/see a show they are interested in, and with the premise TMS has, I don't think it would be very nice/helpful to include the spoilers in here as well and ruin the fun of the show. In TMS's case, there happens to be an after show as of this past season, to which I have no problem having the mystery celebrities listed there- as it is an after show, it's expected to be watched after the main show/episodes itself. Since those episodes aired after the reveals themself, the 'mystery celebrity' that was eliminated in those respective nights were no longer a mystery when the after show episodes began airing live on TV.

So... thoughts?

Aidan wrote 3 years ago: 1

I don't think mystery guests should be added either. 

I'm not even sure how that would work as we don't know who all of them are until after the season is over.

MTQueenie wrote 3 years ago: 1

I agree that mystery guests like that shouldn't be listed

david wrote 7 months ago: 2

An update/clarification on this topic:

Mystery contestants should not be added based on leaks/rumours, before the episode revealing them has actually aired.

Mystery contestants can be added as guest cast as of the episode where they are revealed. (This'll likely be an Uncredited guest cast type)

Mystery contestants should not be added retroactively. E.g. if they appear as a mystery guest in episode 1 & 2 and are revealed in episode 3, they should only be credited in episode 3 (and further).

Try 30 days of free premium.