Try 30 days of free premium.

Episodes marked as "watched" reappear on Watchlist

mwoznick wrote 3 years ago: 1

For the show Jeopardy! (https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/2193/jeopardy) some of the episodes that I've marked as "watched" periodically reappear on my Watchlist as "not watched". I suspect this may have to do with the extremely high number of total episodes (5603). I have marked them all as "watched" repeatedly but my Watchlist once again says I've watched only 5433 of them. Also, clicking the "View all" icon for this shows invariably locks up the page (but who would really want to view all 5603 episodes anyway?!).

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

The watchlist will show the earliest episode that hasn't been watched.

So I expect that even if you may have watched episode #5603, if you haven't watched episode #5433, that will be displayed as the next to watch.

mwoznick wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
The watchlist will show the earliest episode that hasn't been watched.

So I expect that even if you may have watched episode #5603, if you haven't watched episode #5433, that will be displayed as the next to watch.

I've watched and marked all 5603 episodes as "watched" but over time some of the episodes have and will continue to reappear on my Watchlist without my interaction. Not sure why this happens! 

LadyShelley wrote 3 years ago: 2

@mwoznick wrote:
I've watched and marked all 5603 episodes as "watched" but over time some of the episodes have and will continue to reappear on my Watchlist without my interaction. Not sure why this happens! 

This happens to me on occasion as well. I think it's when someone does an oops and accidentally (or otherwise) deletes an episode, then puts it back. Since it's a new episode, the system adds it back into your watchlist as unwatched.

mwoznick wrote 3 years ago: 2

@LadyShelley wrote:
This happens to me on occasion as well. I think it's when someone does an oops and accidentally (or otherwise) deletes an episode, then puts it back. Since it's a new episode, the system adds it back into your watchlist as unwatched.

You may be onto something! At first I thought, "why would anybody be deleting & re-adding episodes from 18 years ago?" But when I look at the Edit Log for those episodes I see that drosso46561 did indeed re-add them on 8/8/2020 (and has been making numerous other edits to the cast, crew and episode lists as well). I guess I'll go through them all and mark them all as "watched" once more and wait for the next block of edits! Thanks...

Try 30 days of free premium.