Try 30 days of free premium.

News error?

TonyMayhew wrote 3 years ago: 1

If you go to MasterChef: The Professionals main page, you see quite clearly under 'Latest news' (Beneath the show poster) is a news item I posted & you can also see the body of text I added to the news item.

Now, go to the TVmaze homepage and follow the link to that news item from there & the body of text has vanished! 

This has never happened to me before & AFAIK, I've done nothing different to what I normally do when adding a news item & yes, I see the body of other news items just fine, as I tested that to make sure sure it wasn't something at my end :)

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Snippet is the preview.

You then add the full text to the body field, or enter in a URL.

If you go to update the article, you'll see that there's no body or URL entered.

TonyMayhew wrote 3 years ago: 1

hmm, I thought I did add a URL to the BBC article. I always have added it as snippet & URL in the past without any problem. Also, I see nowhere at all to click where I'm able to update the article.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 2

@TonyMayhew wrote:
hmm, I thought I did add a URL to the BBC article. I always have added it as snippet & URL in the past without any problem. Also, I see nowhere at all to click where I'm able to update the article.

Might be locked to higher permissions.

Anyway, I've updated it.

Seems like the snippet shows there only if the URL has been added.

Try 30 days of free premium.