Try 30 days of free premium.

email confirmation issues?

xXskaendoXx wrote 3 years ago: 1

I received an email today that my email address was not confirmed. I have since twice requested a confirmation email, clicked through it twice, but still in my dashboard it says that my email is not confirmed. How can I fix this so I don't receive confirmation emails anymore?

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

So you received an email with a confirmation link, and clicked it? What happened then, did you see any succes or error message?

Here is what I'm getting after clicking through from my email:

(Note how it says "now confirmed" in the yellow block, but it still says "unconfirmed!" next to my email and I still get the unconfirmed message on the TVMaze homepage.)

https://imgur.com/a/L1PhrRu

Is there anything that can be done? I mean I've been a member for going on four years now, made some additions/updates to shows, had contributions reviewed and verified, and I'm pretty sure that I verified my email when I first signed up to this site. Why is this happening now?

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@xXskaendoXx wrote:
Is there anything that can be done? I mean I've been a member for going on four years now, made some additions/updates to shows, had contributions reviewed and verified, and I'm pretty sure that I verified my email when I first signed up to this site. Why is this happening now?

have you tried to edit something to see if it works?

@JuanArango wrote:
have you tried to edit something to see if it works?

Yea, I just added a description to the next episode of The Holzer Files, "Devil in the Rock". No problem. I've updated and added episodes before as well with no problem.

bungle wrote 3 years ago: 1
do you have a different email address you could use? that website @excite.com seems unsecure which might be the problem.

do you have a different email address you could use? that website @excite.com seems unsecure which might be the problem.

I've had that email for literally 20+ years (1999) and never had any problems.

I can click through the email fine and I get a message that my email "has been confirmed" here on TVMaze, but in the dashboard it still says "unconfirmed", and when I go to the TVMaze homepage I get a big yellow banner that says it's not confirmed.

bungle wrote 3 years ago: 1
nvm, I was just using the url https://excite.com - didn't think 2 add on the www. :P

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@xXskaendoXx wrote:
I've had that email for literally 20+ years (1999) and never had any problems.

I can click through the email fine and I get a message that my email "has been confirmed" here on TVMaze, but in the dashboard it still says "unconfirmed", and when I go to the TVMaze homepage I get a big yellow banner that says it's not confirmed.

@david has to look into this I guess, but as you can edit it is not that big of a deal :)

david wrote 3 years ago: 2

Right, I get what's going on here, it's complicated - sorry for the confusion. Should be fixed now for you.

@david wrote:
Right, I get what's going on here, it's complicated - sorry for the confusion. Should be fixed now for you.

Thank you so much. Seems to be fixed now. Can I ask what it was? Not looking for a big technical answer, just maybe something on my end? An extension?

@xXskaendoXx wrote:
Thank you so much. Seems to be fixed now. Can I ask what it was? Not looking for a big technical answer, just maybe something on my end? An extension?

No, not a problem on your end at all. It was related to anti-spam/anti-vandalism systems.

bjarten wrote 3 years ago: 1

I have the same issue as xXskaendoXx with e-mail confirmation. Can somebody fix it for me as well?

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

@bjarten wrote:
I have the same issue as xXskaendoXx with e-mail confirmation. Can somebody fix it for me as well?

Hmm, I thought I fixed it so re-confirming your email address is possible again. Did you try clicking the email link again since my previous post here?

bjarten wrote 3 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
Hmm, I thought I fixed it so re-confirming your email address is possible again. Did you try clicking the email link again since my previous post here?

I just re-confirmed my e-mail again, so we'll have to wait and see if it sticks this time.

I see your email address is confirmed now. The underlying issue only manifested once, so everything should be fine from here on out :)

Try 30 days of free premium.