Try 30 days of free premium.

No-Update time limitation for a 'In Development' Show

Cecile wrote 3 years ago: 1

Hello,

Just for curiosity, I have looked at shows who are still 'In Development' and haven't been updated for years. They are numerous ! Look at this list, just the first few pages are filled with them.

A show that hadn't any updates in 4-5 years is clearly not happening anytime soon (if ever).

In the interest of keeping accurate datas, shouldn't there be a time limitation for updates, before putting this kind of projects up for deletion ?

Edit :

A another to go would be to create a different status 'Project' to be set if no complete season have been officially put in production (before 'In Development').

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Cecile wrote:
Hello,

Just for curiosity, I have looked at shows who are still 'In Development' and haven't been updated for years. They are numerous ! Look at this list, just the first few pages are filled with them.

A show that hadn't any updates in 4-5 years is clearly not happening anytime soon (if ever).

In the interest of keeping accurate datas, shouldn't there be a time limitation for updates, before putting this kind of projects up for deletion ?

Edit :

A another to go would be to create a different status 'Project' to be set if no complete season have been officially put in production (before 'In Development').

Good point, I will try to clean up a bit later :)

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 2

A quick update, already 250 shows scheduled for deletion, no end in sight :)

@JuanArango wrote:

Nice cleaning ! :)

I checked for the shows I was following and Who Fears Death is very much on development (HBO just signed George R Martin to work on it - among others projects).

On a different side, I saw you changed the summary of Misfits as 'not happening' but it isn't set for deletion, is it normal ?

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Cecile wrote:
Nice cleaning ! :)

I checked for the shows I was following and Who Fears Death is very much on development (HBO just signed George R Martin to work on it - among others projects).

On a different side, I saw you changed the summary of Misfits as 'not happening' but it isn't set for deletion, is it normal ?

must have forgot to hit the button on Misfits, done now :)

Undeleted Who fears death!

475 shows gone now, more tomorrow!

This one should probably not be deleted either ^^

Cecile wrote a year ago: 1

Time for a new big cleaning ?

Cecile wrote a year ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:

like the one you did last year : removing shows without any updates for a LONG while

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@Cecile wrote:
like the one you did last year : removing shows without any updates for a LONG while

ahh ok, that is a lot of work I will discuss it within staff :D

Cecile wrote 26 days ago: 1

Hello,

It's spring again. Time for a new cleanup ?

Some shows' last update were in 2018

TomSouthwell wrote 26 days ago: 1

@Cecile wrote:
Hello,

It's spring again. Time for a new cleanup ?

Some shows' last update were in 2018

This can and will be looked at however im also going to tag @LadyShelley in here as no doubt the strikes will have had a massive affect on any in development shows and we will have some circumstances were no announcements will be made around these shows yet. 

LadyShelley wrote 25 days ago: 2

@TomSouthwell wrote:
This can and will be looked at however im also going to tag @LadyShelley in here as no doubt the strikes will have had a massive affect on any in development shows and we will have some circumstances were no announcements will be made around these shows yet. 

The recent strikes may have affected in development shows for 2023 and 2024. Anything earlier than say 2022 is likely not moving forward at this point. 

Try 30 days of free premium.