Try 30 days of free premium.

Tuning people search in episode Guest Cast/Crew pages

NathanDrake83 wrote 2 years ago: 1

I was wondering if it was possible to tune the search for the People field in the Guest Cast and Guest Crew pages in order to prioritize people that already had a role in the same show.

I saw that, in case of multiple persons with the exact same name, a list of shows they had a role in appears, but sometimes the correct person was not on top of the list anyway. And this solution doesn't cover cases of people with very similar names (consider small spelling mistakes or a different styling of the name due to middle/short names).

I realize it's probably tricky to tune the search in this way, but still, just to put it out there! :)

tnt wrote 2 years ago: 1

Hmm, actually it's already done a while ago. If the actor already has a part in the show, he will appear first on the list of the same names. At least this is what I'm seeing when editing.

NathanDrake83 wrote 2 years ago: 2

Maybe I'll update this when I'll find again specific cases; in the meantime, it's a bit an extreme case but, for example, if you try to add a guest star in an episode of Ducktales and enter "Keith" or "Ferguson", you get a list of people named Keith-something of something-Ferguson but not Keith Ferguson who had several roles in the series.

Of course one would say "Well, just put the full name!" XD  But it would be nice to just enter it partially and find the correct more easily...

Again, I'll update this topic with more interesting and specific cases! ;)

NathanDrake83 wrote 2 years ago: 2

In the last few days I checked with more attention the occurencies of this "issue", and it seems that the most common scenario happens exactly when entering either the name or the surname, like the example above about Keith Ferguson in Ducktales.

This obviously make it less "needed", but I think it would be nice anyway if this kind of tuning is feasable with reasonable effort. :)

Thanks!

david wrote 2 years ago: 2

Very far from trivial for techical/performance reasons, sorry.

NathanDrake83 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
Very far from trivial for techical/performance reasons, sorry.

I thought so... :(  Thanks anyway for the feedback! :)

Try 30 days of free premium.