Try 30 days of free premium.

Please Include Characters With No Actors:

In_Correct wrote 2 years ago: 1

There are three that so far that should have their own character guide.

In many versions of Charlie Brown, there is Miss Othmar, and numerous other adults that are voiced, on most occasions, by a musical instrument.

In Gofrette, there is Red, who is also voiced by musical instrument.

In Keeping Up Appearances, there is Sheridan who appears only in photographs and silhouette.

However, all of these characters have numerous conversations, in all or most episodes, with the starring characters.

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

Why would you want to credit something that does not exist in theory? Guitar plays Miss Othmar? That's just plain weird and I find it unneccessary to even list them.

In_Correct wrote 2 years ago: 1

Trombone, and perhaps the musician or creator could be credited? Another example the credits as originally aired had: "Robot Jones ... Himself". A speech synthesizer typed and edited by Greg Miller.

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

@In_Correct wrote:
Trombone, and perhaps the musician or creator could be credited? Another example the credits as originally aired had: "Robot Jones ... Himself". A speech synthesizer typed and edited by Greg Miller.

I think in the instance of Robot Jones playing himself we'd surely credit them just like when an animal is credited too? 

tnt wrote 2 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I think in the instance of Robot Jones playing himself we'd surely credit them just like when an animal is credited too? 

Last I checked we do not credit animals (unless they are voiced by human actors, e.g. https://www.tvmaze.com/characters/451780/midnight-texas-mr-snuggly). At least we're not supposed to.

By TVmaze definition, any cast entry links an actor ("person") entry that played or voiced the role, with the character entry that was portrayed.
So there couldn't be any cast entry without a "person" part.

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

It's simply impossible in our data model to create (guest) cast entries without selecting a person. Changing that would be a huge undertaking (and breaking change for e.g. API users) so this is unlikely to happen just to cater to a few rare exceptions, sorry.

Try 30 days of free premium.