Try 30 days of free premium.

Update Episode Button Option

RaveDave wrote 8 years ago: 1

Having been spending alot of time on here adding episodes and correcting episodes that were incorrect on TVDB and then imported to here, there is a small feature that i know would save me so much time on editing.

When you are on the episode list for a show and you want to edit an existing episode you have to click on the episode name, an episode page loads and then you havwe to click on the update icon to take you to the update page to change the episode name, number etc. Can you please add the option next to each episode on the episode list page to go straight to the update page, this would save me so much time.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

RaveDave wrote:
Having been spending alot of time on here adding episodes and correcting episodes that were incorrect on TVDB and then imported to here, there is a small feature that i know would save me so much time on editing.
When you are on the episode list for a show and you want to edit an existing episode you have to click on the episode name, an episode page loads and then you havwe to click on the update icon to take you to the update page to change the episode name, number etc. Can you please add the option next to each episode on the episode list page to go straight to the update page, this would save me so much time.

This sounds like a good and reasonable idea in my opinion.

cheers
Juan

MTQueenie wrote 8 years ago: 1

I agree, would be very helpful

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hm. I don't want to add an edit button to the episode list. Not for all users anyway, since that would be a lot of clutter.

Showing them only for some users (like users with more than X edits) could be an option though.

Or how about showing previous/next episode links on the edit pages, would that solve your problems as well?

RaveDave wrote 8 years ago: 1

The current system is fine if your only editing an episode or two, but when i am fixing a batch of episodes, changing either episode names or airdates, i open maybe ten episodes at a time in background tabs, with the current system, you then have to go to each of those tabs and click on the edit icon to take you to the page were you want to go to, this significantly slows down editing.

If you want to limit a new edit button to users with a certain number of edits that is fine (hopefully i qualify lol) that would be much more preferable than using a previous/next episode link on the edit pages, which wouldn't really be of use to myself.

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Hm. I don't want to add an edit button to the episode list. Not for all users anyway, since that would be a lot of clutter.
Showing them only for some users (like users with more than X edits) could be an option though.
Or how about showing previous/next episode links on the edit pages, would that solve your problems as well?

That page list has barely nothing on it (the problem being all seasons show on there and that shouldn't be the norm). A column with an edit icon shouldn't be a bother. And it would help immensely.

Jan wrote 5 years ago: 1

Hi RaveDave,

Maybe you've already seen it. As requested: If you now hover over an episode in the list, an edit button will appear next to the numbering.

cheers,

Jan

RaveDave wrote 5 years ago: 1

Yes, Jan i have seen it and have been using it, it is a great addition to the site.

Thanks

Jan wrote 5 years ago: 1

Great, then we can close this one.

Try 30 days of free premium.