Try 30 days of free premium.

Angie Tribeca is airing all episodes tomorrow back-to-back

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

This show is airing all of the season's episodes tomorrow on TBS each episode is exactly 26 minutes long. There is somehow a scheduling conflict with the 3rd episode. I have looked at all of the episodes and all are 26 minutes and have the correct start time and I cannot find what the conflict may be? There may be another show/series scheduled to air during that time period of the 3rd episode that I cannot see that needs to be corrected is my only guess? Any help here would be greatly appreciated please?

Scheduling conflicts Angie Tribeca: The Famous Ventriloquist Did It (21:52 @ TBS, 26 minutes)

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

I think David mentioned this somewhere before, but the way the schedule page works is that it splits shows into half an hour blocks. You will notice that episode 2 looks on the schedule at least to actually air 21:30 to 22:00. Because Episode 3 airs 21:52 to 22:18, I think this is something to do with were the 'clash' is been created.

I think the same problem is happening every Saturday night on BBC One in the UK. I'm not sure if you can see it here:

http://www.tvmaze.com/schedule?country=GB&sort=1

But 'BBC Weekend News' which airs 22:05 every Saturday for 20 minutes, always comes up as a clash, even though shows either side of it have the correct air times and running lengths added.

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

Just to clarify I know that the airtimes and running lengths for the show 'Angie Tribeca' are correct, it's just the way the schedule is displaying it shows as if the second episode is in fact airing between 21:30 and 22:00.

TomSouthwell wrote:
I think David mentioned this somewhere before, but the way the schedule page works is that it splits shows into half an hour blocks. You will notice that episode 2 looks on the schedule at least to actually air 21:30 to 22:00. Because Episode 3 airs 21:52 to 22:18, I think this is something to do with were the 'clash' is been created.
I think the same problem is happening every Saturday night on BBC One in the UK. I'm not sure if you can see it here:
http://www.tvmaze.com/schedule?country=GB&sort=1
But 'BBC Weekend News' which airs 22:05 every Saturday for 20 minutes, always comes up as a clash, even though shows either side of it have the correct air times and running lengths added.

OK that sounds very feasible to me thanks Tom.

David & Jan please add this to your I'm sure very long list of features to try and fix this please?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

15-minute blocks to be exact :)

Indeed the conflict detection is based on the schedule itself, so basically episodes that don't start at :00, :15, :30 or :45 can't be handled properly if they are directly surrounded by other episodes.

I'd obviously like to fix this, but it's far from trivial so it probably won't happen in the near future.

TomSouthwell wrote:
Just to clarify I know that the airtimes and running lengths for the show 'Angie Tribeca' are correct, it's just the way the schedule is displaying it shows as if the second episode is in fact airing between 21:30 and 22:00.

OK thanks again Tom Great explanation that I can understand.

david wrote:
15-minute blocks to be exact :)
Indeed the conflict detection is based on the schedule itself, so basically episodes that don't start at :00, :15, :30 or :45 can't be handled properly if they are directly surrounded by other episodes.

I'm sure this is something you have on your list to correct/change so that does not always happen?

Try 30 days of free premium.