Try 30 days of free premium.

Angie Tribeca – Why was this show's final 3 episode dates changed?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

The Episode airdates were originally correct per TBS.com however someone came along and changed then incorrectly why? Now the airdates are locked and I cannot correct them back to what they are supposed to be can someone correct this please?

Here are the 3 Episodes that are now wrong

Jan 18, 2016

The One With the Bomb

Jan 18, 2016

Inside Man

Jan 18, 2016

Murder in the First Class

Please correct the dates on all 3 back to 17 January.

I guess it is possible that whoever changed the dates is not aware of the 3 AM rule for shows that go from one day to the next and assumed they were doing the correct thing by changing them?

For those members who are not familiar with the 3 AM rule here it goes. If a U.S. show begins airing prior to 3 AM EST then the date of the Episode must be the previous day not the current day. In other words if an Episode began at 02:30 AM on 19 January the date MUST appear on the Episode as the 18th. I’m sure a Staff member can expand on this more to even explain why this rule is in place. I could expand further but my explanation would be way to long.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
The Episode airdates were originally correct per TBS.com however someone came along and changed then incorrectly why? Now the airdates are locked and I cannot correct them back to what they are supposed to be can someone correct this please?
Here are the 3 Episodes that are now wrong
Jan 18, 2016
The One With the Bomb
Jan 18, 2016
Inside Man
Jan 18, 2016
Murder in the First Class
Please correct the dates on all 3 back to 17 January.
I guess it is possible that whoever changed the dates is not aware of the 3 AM rule for shows that go from one day to the next and assumed they were doing the correct thing by changing them?
For those members who are not familiar with the 3 AM rule here it goes. If a U.S. show begins airing prior to 3 AM EST then the date of the Episode must be the previous day not the current day. In other words if an Episode began at 02:30 AM on 19 January the date MUST appear on the Episode as the 18th. I’m sure a Staff member can expand on this more to even explain why this rule is in place. I could expand further but my explanation would be way to long.

Actually it is 4 am for TVMaze and most channels Ron, however David changed them back already and I contacte that specific person to inform him about it.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
Actually it is 4 am for TVMaze and most channels Ron, however David changed them back already and I contacte that specific person to inform him about it.

WOW thanks Thomas but why is TVMaze different than all other TV sites I do not understand the 4 AM cutoff time instead of 3 AM? Has this been a rule since day 1 and is it in a policy/rules somewhere to be read?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

No problem. Good catch :)

Try 30 days of free premium.