Try 30 days of free premium.

Clarification on Animated Episode listings please?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I am very, very sorry if I missed it but did we ever decide or I should say did the site policy ever clearly state which way cartoon episodes should be listed? In other words is it clear that regardless of the type of animated feature/cartoon or Network or Country they all must be listed the same way or is there any exceptions to whatever the rule may be? I ask this because there are a lot of animated cartoons listed on the site and close to ½ are one way and visa verca and I have 2 examples of cartoons that have their episodes listed differently from each other:

Nature Cat - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/8727/nature-cat/episodes - Episodes are listed in two’s

Nov 30, 2015

Swamp Thing

Nov 30, 2015

Breezy Rider

Nov 27, 2015

Follow Those Footprints

Nov 27, 2015

Muck Amok

Nov 25, 2015

Astronuts

Nov 25, 2015

Heartthrob Hamster

Peg + Cat - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/698/peg-cat/episodes - Episodes are listed 2 in 1

Apr 7, 2016

The Imaginary Friend Problem/The Promise Problem

Apr 6, 2016

The Claymation Problem/The Grumpy Judge Problem

Apr 5, 2016

The Mermaid in the Mall Problem/The Painting Problem

Apr 4, 2016

The Polka Dot Planet Problem/The Mardi Gras Problem

I know it would be virtually impossible to look at every single animated show and correct ones that may not follow whatever the site standard is if there is one yet however maybe there needs to be one for future additions to the site?

I’m not trying to start anything or upset anyone here I swear all I am asking is for a clear, concise policy one way or the other or maybe just a policy that says either way is fine it’s your call I just would like it out in the open to ensure we all know what may be the right way or wrong way to add future episodes please?

Oh, yes and one more thing if you do not mind? I still have a lot of episodes that I need to add to cartoon shows on the site one of which is "Nature Cat" (either 6 episodes or 12 episodes depending on the site policy? and I want to be sure I add them in the way the site requires them to be added, in other words i do not want to upset anyone by adding them in incorrectly.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I am very, very sorry if I missed it but did we ever decide or I should say did the site policy ever clearly state which way cartoon episodes should be listed? In other words is it clear that regardless of the type of animated feature/cartoon or Network or Country they all must be listed the same way or is there any exceptions to whatever the rule may be? I ask this because there are a lot of animated cartoons listed on the site and close to ½ are one way and visa verca and I have 2 examples of cartoons that have their episodes listed differently from each other:
Nature Cat - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/8727/nature-cat/episodes - Episodes are listed in two’s
Nov 30, 2015
Swamp Thing
Nov 30, 2015
Breezy Rider
Nov 27, 2015
Follow Those Footprints
Nov 27, 2015
Muck Amok
Nov 25, 2015
Astronuts
Nov 25, 2015
Heartthrob Hamster
Peg + Cat - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/698/peg-cat/episodes - Episodes are listed 2 in 1
Apr 7, 2016
The Imaginary Friend Problem/The Promise Problem
Apr 6, 2016
The Claymation Problem/The Grumpy Judge Problem
Apr 5, 2016
The Mermaid in the Mall Problem/The Painting Problem
Apr 4, 2016
The Polka Dot Planet Problem/The Mardi Gras Problem
I know it would be virtually impossible to look at every single animated show and correct ones that may not follow whatever the site standard is if there is one yet however maybe there needs to be one for future additions to the site?
I’m not trying to start anything or upset anyone here I swear all I am asking is for a clear, concise policy one way or the other or maybe just a policy that says either way is fine it’s your call I just would like it out in the open to ensure we all know what may be the right way or wrong way to add future episodes please?

I think we have to decide if we want a consistent way for tvmaze or if we look at each show separately and see how the official sites are treating it, this has to be decided by jan and david.

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Quoting myself from a previous thread:

1) On-screen data takes priority over anything else
2) If the (on-screen) data lists distinctly separate titles or crew, we create 2 separate episodes

The episodes that have already aired should be listed according to the on-screen information. For upcoming episodes, simply continue the pattern that's been established for that show. If the first 10 episodes for a show have been determined as split up, the 11th episode will almost definitely be the same.

So if you're adding episodes to an existing show and you don't have access to the episodes themselves to check the on-screen information, just follow the pattern that's already there for the previous episodes. If you're creating a whole new show and you don't have access to the on-screen information, you can fall back to a secondary source (like the network's website or press releases), and it'll stay listed like that until someone contests it.

david wrote:
Quoting myself from a previous thread:
1) On-screen data takes priority over anything else
2) If the (on-screen) data lists distinctly separate titles or crew, we create 2 separate episodes

The episodes that have already aired should be listed according to the on-screen information. For upcoming episodes, simply continue the pattern that's been established for that show. If the first 10 episodes for a show have been determined as split up, the 11th episode will almost definitely be the same.
So if you're adding episodes to an existing show and you don't have access to the episodes themselves to check the on-screen information, just follow the pattern that's already there for the previous episodes. If you're creating a whole new show and you don't have access to the on-screen information, you can fall back to a secondary source (like the network's website or press releases), and it'll stay listed like that until someone contests it.

OK, thank you very much for the clarification David. Now for a little bit more clarification just in case I need it in my 2 shows I talk about above I do not watch either cartoon and I never plan on watching either one as a matter of fact I have not watched any animated series' in over 30 years and I do not wish to spend my time doing a search for any episodes for these type of shows ever for any reason. Therefore can I assume that what I find is the way it should stay when I want to add more episodes just based on the little information that I can readily find with no effort on episodes scheduled to air in the future?

Secondly if I should find or any member should find a show like one I brought up a week ago "Pickle and Peanut" that has episodes listed in 2 ways we should then report it so it can be corrected/fixed by someone? This show still has episodes that are not listed correctly and I have no way of knowing which is correct the first 37 or the last 3 but either way it still needs to be worked on by someone please so the episodes are all consistent? - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/3019/pickle-and-peanut/episodes

40Apr 18, 2016Baby Tooth/America's Sweetboy39Apr 11, 2016Sneaky Patty Sleepover/Codename Racket38Apr 4, 2016Cell Phone Tree/Gory Agnes37Mar 21, 2016Bee Colony36Mar 21, 2016Francine35Mar 18, 2016Bike Jumper34Mar 18, 2016Volcano

Thank you very much for clearing this all up once again for me and especially for your very kind patience with me.

NOTE: The episodes above here are NOT the way I copied them and pasted them here so it looks very messy!

Any plans on ever fixing the Forum formatting?

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
OK, thank you very much for the clarification David. Now for a little bit more clarification just in case I need it in my 2 shows I talk about above I do not watch either cartoon and I never plan on watching either one as a matter of fact I have not watched any animated series' in over 30 years and I do not wish to spend my time doing a search for any episodes for these type of shows ever for any reason. Therefore can I assume that what I find is the way it should stay when I want to add more episodes just based on the little information that I can readily find with no effort on episodes scheduled to air in the future?
Secondly if I should find or any member should find a show like one I brought up a week ago "Pickle and Peanut" that has episodes listed in 2 ways we should then report it so it can be corrected/fixed by someone? This show still has episodes that are not listed correctly and I have no way of knowing which is correct the first 37 or the last 3 but either way it still needs to be worked on by someone please so the episodes are all consistent? - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/3019/pickle-and-peanut/episodes
40Apr 18, 2016Baby Tooth/America's Sweetboy39Apr 11, 2016Sneaky Patty Sleepover/Codename Racket38Apr 4, 2016Cell Phone Tree/Gory Agnes37Mar 21, 2016Bee Colony36Mar 21, 2016Francine35Mar 18, 2016Bike Jumper34Mar 18, 2016Volcano Thank you very much for clearing this all up once again for me and especially for your very kind patience with me.
NOTE: The episodes above here are NOT the way I copied them and pasted them here so it looks very messy!
Any plans on ever fixing the Forum formatting?

I've just not got around to the Disney shows yet, maybe tomorrow.

Try 30 days of free premium.