Try 30 days of free premium.

Star Wars Rebels season finale: screenshots deleted

LouisWu wrote 7 years ago: 1

Does anyone know why the title card screenshots from Zero Hour: Part 1 and Part 2 were deleted? They are definitive proof that the finale aired as two separate episodes. Seeing how this show is rather inconsistent on that front, I think they should have been left, to prevent future discussions.

Any objections to me re-uploading them? Not as the main image anymore, of course.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

LouisWu wrote:
Does anyone know why the title card screenshots from Zero Hour: Part 1 and Part 2 were deleted? They are definitive proof that the finale aired as two separate episodes. Seeing how this show is rather inconsistent on that front, I think they should have been left, to prevent future discussions.
Any objections to me re-uploading them? Not as the main image anymore, of course.

Oh, I deleted them when I added actual screencpas from the episodes, but you are correct, it is good to have proof for the future, please reup them :)

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

Should title screencards be in the image galleries?

I understand that they're "proof", bu is that what image galleries are for? Maybe we should have a separate thread that allows images (since not everyone has Photobucket or the equivalent) for "proof" images.

For instance, on one current show, someone is putting just the title cards. But the title card isn't an image. It's just literally words on a black screen. (And Louis submitted it. :) I'm tempted to delete it: I'm not disputing the title, I don't know of anyone who is but sure, I'm sure someone is out there doing it. It just looks weird in the image gallery because... well, it's not an image. And even if the title format is in dispute... why keep submitting the title card every week? They all follow the same format. It's not like the title of the third episode is going to prove something that the title of the second one didn't prove. Is it?

Plus, if there's a dispute between members of what a title format or 1-vs-2-part episode thing is... isn't that what the forums are for? If we don't allow arguments in episodes summaries or recaps... why allow them in image galleries?

So I'd have done what Juan did in this case. Deleted "images" that aren't images.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
Should title screencards be in the image galleries?
I understand that they're "proof", bu is that what image galleries are for? Maybe we should have a separate thread that allows images (since not everyone has Photobucket or the equivalent) for "proof" images.
For instance, on one current show, someone is putting just the title cards. But the title card isn't an image. It's just literally words on a black screen. (And Louis submitted it. :) I'm tempted to delete it: I'm not disputing the title, I don't know of anyone who is but sure, I'm sure someone is out there doing it. It just looks weird in the image gallery because... well, it's not an image. And even if the title format is in dispute... why keep submitting the title card every week? They all follow the same format. It's not like the title of the third episode is going to prove something that the title of the second one didn't prove. Is it?
Plus, if there's a dispute between members of what a title format or 1-vs-2-part episode thing is... isn't that what the forums are for? If we don't allow arguments in episodes summaries or recaps... why allow them in image galleries?
So I'd have done what Juan did in this case. Deleted "images" that aren't images.

I think if the "real" image is the main one, it does not hurt to have those "proof" images floating around in the gallery, it is not that often we need those proofs :)

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

In cases like these, the title cards can stay in the gallery permanently. Having them in the episode gallery is much easier to reference than if they're buried in one of the thousands of forum threads.

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

I've got no problem with it being there. But without seeing this thread among thousands of forum threads saying to leave it there permanently, I probably would have deleted it just like Juan did. I'd think other contributors will do the same.

Heck, a year from now I don't know if I'll remember to leave it there permanently. :)

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

They were never explicitly against the policy, but I've added this: When episode data is likely to be contended because on-screen data conflicts with one of the other valid sources, screengrabs from the episode's title card or credits may be permanently added to the episode gallery to prove the data's validity.

Try 30 days of free premium.