Try 30 days of free premium.

What to do with "mobisodes"?

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

There's this request http://www.tvmaze.com/request/view?id=14989

24: Conspiracy was the experimental series, created exclusively to be viewed on mobile phones, and distributed not by any conventional means, but directly through cell provider's service (Verizon V Cast). The official press-release available here. I'll quote the significant part:

"Twentieth Century Fox Television will distribute twenty-four serialized mobisodes, each approximately 60-seconds in length, and Verizon Wireless will offer the series through its V CAST service to its customer base in the U.S. throughout the run of the television show's fourth season. With Windows Media delivering "24: Conspiracy" to V CAST phones, Verizon Wireless customers receive a high-quality wireless multimedia entertainment experience."

So, the question is: add Verizon V Cast service as a web channel (though it's not, in a common sense) and approve, or reject?

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

I dont think we could consider it as a web series. I would reject it

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
I dont think we could consider it as a web series. I would reject it

Ok. Just wanted to be sure.

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

The closest thing we have in the policy is this: A Web Channel is considered curated when it's a platform that buys or licenses the exclusive premiere rights to multiple shows.

So if this "V CAST" thing was some kind of one-time deal, ignore it. If more than one valid show premiered on it, we can consider adding them.

Try 30 days of free premium.