Try 30 days of free premium.

Hiding A Tv Show

ian_shakur wrote 8 years ago: 1

On the shows page the option to hide a show on the opposite side of the heart (follow) icon

Hoping this makes sense.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

What would you expect to happen after you "hide" a show?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I guess if he is not interested in the show, to hide it, so he wouldn't have to see it again, although is it worth it? I personally don't think so :)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I don't think that makes a lot of sense for us. All of our features work the other way around: if you don't want to show *all* shows, you can choose to display only the shows that you're following; or only the shows with a certain tag.

Adding a "hide" functionality next to that would be confusing.

Dragen wrote 8 years ago: 1

I would like something like this on the Watchlist.

ian_shakur wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thanks for your reply, I am aware you can search by tags. My point is that even if I was to browse by tag I am still scrolling past some tv shows that are of no interest to me personally. I would use this as a way of finding new tv shows to follow that I wasn't aware of, or old shows that I had perhaps missed or forgotten about

jt4703 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I would love the ability to follow several shows but hide them on my watch list when I am not actively watching them. Right now the only way to get them off the watch list is to unfollow them or create a tag for every OTHER show you do want to see and then filter by that tag. I can't see a way to easily add one tag to everything and then the whole issue of setting the filter every single time to find only that tag for active ones is very complicated and tedious. I use the ignore function on myepisodes for lots of things and it would be very welcome here.

cobbly wrote 8 years ago: 1

jt4703 wrote:
I would love the ability to follow several shows but hide them on my watch list when I am not actively watching them. Right now the only way to get them off the watch list is to unfollow them or create a tag for every OTHER show you do want to see and then filter by that tag. I can't see a way to easily add one tag to everything and then the whole issue of setting the filter every single time to find only that tag for active ones is very complicated and tedious. I use the ignore function on myepisodes for lots of things and it would be very welcome here.

Yep, I would like that too.

Or perhaps as an alternative, could we get a way to show everything except a tag? So at the moment the filter only works one way, show everything in tag x. I'd like it to be able to work the other way, show everything NOT in tag x.

Then we could just create an ignore tag and then get the watchlist to filter those out. I would imagine this way would be easier for you guys to implement as it would piggy back off functionality that already exists.

jt4703 wrote 8 years ago: 1

cobbly wrote:
Yep, I would like that too.
Or perhaps as an alternative, could we get a way to show everything except a tag? So at the moment the filter only works one way, show everything in tag x. I'd like it to be able to work the other way, show everything NOT in tag x.
Then we could just create an ignore tag and then get the watchlist to filter those out. I would imagine this way would be easier for you guys to implement as it would piggy back off functionality that already exists.

Oh I like this idea better. Have an option to show all untagged shows, all tagged shows sorted by tag name, and then each individual tag would still be an option in the drop down.

Try 30 days of free premium.