Try 30 days of free premium.

In error marked all previous episodes as watched. Can I undo?

Ace4 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
I did ask whether they were possible to return to a previous cache of your watchlist, but unfortunately they do not track this behaviour, so they are impossible to undo your mistake.

Thanks anyway, maybe this is something that could be looked into?!

david wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately we don't store a history of your watchlist content. We do store when exactly you've marked an episode (accessible using the user-level API: https://static.tvmaze.com/apidoc/), using that would allow you to recover your data but it'll require some technical skill.

Episodes marked in bulk have a value of "0" for marked_at, so setting all of those episodes to the status of "unwatched" should bring things back to the way they were.

Hi david,

I did look at the link but I was confused from the off as I have no technical skill in this area. I had no idea what I was doing basically, wish someone could do it on my behalf! Anyway, I think I've seen nearly all the episodes apart from the early ones so it's not such a major problem now especially as the early episodes are mostly being repeated right now which I haven't seen and didn't mark as watched, thankfully!

Thanks for all your replies :)

gazza911 wrote:
It's not quite as black & white as that.

Manually you'd have to figure out where you watched upto and mark each one as unwatched.

Premium will allow you to view all your watched episodes, regardless on when you set it; based on the response, you can find out which the last one you genuinely watched is.

With premium, if you write a script, you could specify the starting and ending episode (number) and set everything in-between them as unwatched.

tldr; Premium gives you the tools, but you still have to do the crafting.

Thanks gazza911, unfortunately though it's like a foreign language to me so even with premium a real struggle. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's done this by mistake so it would be great if this could be looked into on TVmaze? Perhaps an Undo option or something similar which is easy for all users?

Thanks again for all your help and I look forward to the Undo button! ;)

Try 30 days of free premium.