Try 30 days of free premium.

Adding Unaired episodes ?

porshipman wrote 8 years ago: 1

Some shows were cancelled/ended before they broadcast all of their episodes.

These episodes may appear later on dvd or in some other way.

I tried adding an episode to Mind Games http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/4164/mind-games and found that I was unable to set the Airdate to "Unaired", however I could leave it blank.

Perhaps this option should be added. It may also come in handy when adding future episodes, where you know the title but not yet the airdate.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

porshipman wrote:
Some shows were cancelled/ended before they broadcast all of their episodes.
These episodes may appear later on dvd or in some other way.
I tried adding an episode to Mind Games http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/4164/mind-games and found that I was unable to set the Airdate to "Unaired", however I could leave it blank.
Perhaps this option should be added. It may also come in handy when adding future episodes, where you know the title but not yet the airdate.

I agree that Unaired should be an option, but if you look at it...leaving it blank also means it never aired :)

cheers
Juan

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

But leaving it blank says "Not Set" on the episode list. That doesn't make it clear if it's Unaired, or if someone or something (the import tool) just didn't do their job.

If Unaired is an option, then at least it indicates that it was deliberately left blank. And might make someone think before adding it.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
But leaving it blank says "Not Set" on the episode list. That doesn't make it clear if it's Unaired, or if someone or something (the import tool) just didn't do their job.
If Unaired is an option, then at least it indicates that it was deliberately left blank. And might make someone think before adding it.

I agree, but leaving it blank is right now the best option, I am sure david can implement the Unaired entry tho :)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I've changed it to show an empty cell rather than "Not Set" if you leave the airdate blank. "Not Set" looks a bit awkward indeed.

Right now indeed both "airdate unknown yet" and "this episode will never air" should be handled by leaving the airdate empty. We can create a separate option for the latter later.

Try 30 days of free premium.