Try 30 days of free premium.

Cannot edit show description...

MAT13 wrote 3 years ago: 1

I did some description edits yesterday and there were no problems, but I tried to edit description for...

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/15619/quantum-break

...and whenever I click on update nothing is updated and my edited description is lost. It doesn't seem to be page caching problem. However, I didn't uncheck the checkbox that says description is from the official source, so maybe that somehow verifies if it's identical to whatever the source was (though I doubt that's the problem, implementing something like that would be an overkill and would rely that description on the source is never changed).

Maybe my Edit was submitted for some separate approval instead? So far any edits appear immediately, so not sure if this is the case, but it would make sense because people could just ruin valid descriptions for shows which would be a bad thing.

Anyway, the edit I tried to add was just an update with a paragraph mentioning that these episodes are not fixed and when integrated with the game, based on player's choices some scenes in episodes will change. Can anyone tell me why updating description was not possible from my end? Thank you.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

Maybe the reason was that your account was pending the validation. Could you try again? Or you can post your changes here, it will be added.

There's no separate approval for each and every edit users made :) It is done in several stages, at some point you won't be interrupted anymore.

MAT13 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Nope, it doesn't change anything. I even tried removing existing one and writing something entirely different. Nothing.

Please just make it look like this in full...

----------

A revolutionary entertainment experience that blurs the line between television and gaming. With Quantum Break, Remedy Games delivers an action-packed, fast paced game in which you bend and shape time in order to survive. How you play the game shapes a personalized version of the television show. Watching the show gives you strategies and insights that will impact the way you play the game and helps you discover unique content within the game. Together, the game and the show deliver a holistic entertainment experience, possible on Xbox One and Windows 10.

These series are not intended to be watched on its own as they don't provide the full story and only serve to supplement the game itself. As such, each episode is not set in stone and based on player's choices during gameplay some scenes will be different.

----------

...one more thing, I tried changing running time from 25 to 30 to see if that will work, and that did change immediately. However, now that is grayed and it says 30 but I cannot change it back to 25 again, so please return it back to 25. This running time is now grayed the same as the show's title is. Not sure why I could change it once but not twice.

As for changing the description, it shows in the log, but I don't see any text there so maybe that needs to be approved separately or something? Or maybe I don't have privileges to edit description. I had no trouble editing show's character's information, though (this one for example - https://www.tvmaze.com/characters/87480/quantum-leap-dr-samuel-sam-beckett which didn't have any info so that may be the reason, I didn't try editing existing info for a character).

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@MAT13 wrote:
Nope, it doesn't change anything. I even tried removing existing one and writing something entirely different. Nothing.

Please just make it look like this in full...

----------

A revolutionary entertainment experience that blurs the line between television and gaming. With Quantum Break, Remedy Games delivers an action-packed, fast paced game in which you bend and shape time in order to survive. How you play the game shapes a personalized version of the television show. Watching the show gives you strategies and insights that will impact the way you play the game and helps you discover unique content within the game. Together, the game and the show deliver a holistic entertainment experience, possible on Xbox One and Windows 10.

These series are not intended to be watched on its own as they don't provide the full story and only serve to supplement the game itself. As such, each episode is not set in stone and based on player's choices during gameplay some scenes will be different.

----------

...one more thing, I tried changing running time from 25 to 30 to see if that will work, and that did change immediately. However, now that is grayed and it says 30 but I cannot change it back to 25 again, so please return it back to 25. This running time is now grayed the same as the show's title is. Not sure why I could change it once but not twice.

As for changing the description, it shows in the log, but I don't see any text there so maybe that needs to be approved separately or something? Or maybe I don't have privileges to edit description. I had no trouble editing show's character's information, though (this one for example - https://www.tvmaze.com/characters/87480/quantum-leap-dr-samuel-sam-beckett which didn't have any info so that may be the reason, I didn't try editing existing info for a character).

done :)

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@yodabel12 wrote:
When I click the edit button (on my computer) it no longer presents the option of changing the description or title of the pin which is really annoying because I hate having other people's descriptions under my pins in aesthetic boards. Is this just me? Does anyone know why this is happening? Or a way to contact them to fix it? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'pins'.

Also you've not made any contributions before, so your entire post is a little confusing.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by 'pins'.

Also you've not made any contributions before, so your entire post is a little confusing.

I suppose we were mistaken for Pinterest ))

Try 30 days of free premium.