Try 30 days of free premium.

I don't understand why people like Megamind so much

Tommypezmaster wrote 3 years ago: 1

Sometimes you got to wonder how some comedy films get the green light. I myself got to wonder if they even look at the comedies they're putting out on the box office or they're too busy figuring out more ways to further ruin the distributors. Case in point, Megamind, a film about a horrifying blue freak being bullied by everyone in town. Not only is the concept really unoriginal, but to make things worse, Dreamworks ripped off Igor in response to Igor ripping off Shrek. That's right, It's a rip-off of an already abysmal mockbuster. You know, at least with Igor, the concept was somewhat original, but take a bad premise and rehash it and repaint it and you've got one really bad show. 

First off, our so called main character, Megamind, has got to be the most annoying protagonist I've seen in a film since Sam from I Am Sam, and that's saying a lot. He's not only a complete and utter moron, but he has got to have the most annoying voice I have ever heard. It's so bad, I swear my eardrums are ready to burst with how obnoxious, annoying, and sickening it sounds. I thought Scaredy Squirrel had horrible voice acting, but this movie makes Scaredy Squirrel's acting look as good as The Loud House's voice work. Okay, maybe that's pushing it a little, but if you hear how bad he sounds, you'll be hitting the mute button so fast, even The Flash would be amazed by the speed. He also weird ass sound. I guess nobody told the writer that a sounds needs to be funny, memorable, and creative. NOT bland, forgetable, and stupid. Megamind  just makes you wish somebody would come along and put an end to him. 

The Warden is a walking and talking manbearpig (I wish I was making that up) who is pretty much nothing more than a stuck up jerk. He only looks out for himself and only himself all the time. He's not a friend in the least bit and pretty much believes that it doesn't effect him, it's no concern to him at all. Not to mention he talks in terrible accent  a lot. Bernard is pretty much a very useless character. He doesn't do anything at all, except be apart of that cringy date scene. He's also got a bad voice, but not as bad as Megamind. He serves no purpose whatsoever. Titan . . . all I can say really is what . . . the . . . *** is this? It's already bad enough the character's name is so terrible, but does he really need to look like Snotty from Barnyard? This character has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, no cleverness at all, and only speaks in cheezy one liners. He also make Wedgie jokes, in the ads. Needless to say, this character is downright terrible. Minion is probably the only character in this dumpster fire who doesn't make my blood boil, but that's not saying much. He's a a fish piloting a robot suit. The only reason I tolerate him though is because he's the only sane character in this show and doesn't act like an idiot like everyone else. 

The plot is no better at all in this show. Most of the time, they make absolutely no sense at all. Take for example, People guit trips him by saying he'll never be good. Just writing that bit of plot synopsis makes my brain hurt. Just what was going on? Why did he want to be good all of a sudden? Why was everyone so mean spirited about it? My De Niro, the comedy in this sh!t show is so terrible and baffling that I swear it took out a good chunk of my IQ. If this is how random and stupid each joke is, then I should be grateful I cringe at it all. The hum- you know what? I'm not going to even say this show has any humor at all. Not a single joke in this show was funny at all. Every gag it pulls out is either trying way too hard or is so badly made, that you'll be hitting your head against the wall. The movie emphasizes on so much randomness, that it comes off very annoying and irritating instead of it being funny. Nothing these characters do brought even a weak chuckle from me at all. Nothing these characters do make me laugh at all, instead they all irritate me to death. 

The artwork and animation is probably the only decent thing I find somewhat positive. The coloring is not dull like in Igor. However, the characters still have bad designs to them. warden looks downright creepy and almost looks like a pedophile with how scary he looks. He looks downright unappealing to look at. Minion looks okay as well as Roxanne, but as I said earlier, Titan looks horrible and out of place since it's an aardman design instead of an original one. The animation isn't somewhat better though, with characters moving pretty smoothly, although I saw some lip syncing issues as well. Tom McGrath needs to understand that this kind of formula for a cartoon hasn't worked and will never work at all. Igor was a complete and total failure, so what made him honestly think a mockbuster would work? More importantly, why would Paramountk think this would be a good theater release? The whole concept of the film is bland and generic, the characters are idiots, there is no humor at all, and it's such a waste of time. So if you see one of the multiple promos for this show playing like I did, then consider it a warning to avoid watching CN at the time this show will come on and to tune it to something, ANYTHING better than this. This is literally the worse comedy movie the 2010's has put out in quite a long time and that's saying something considering I saw both Free Birds and The Emoji Movie. If Paramount or Relativity Media ever wonders why studios like Disney and Universal are getting more viewers, they can look at this show as one of the many reasons why they're losing more and more viewers.

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 1

I've only seen the movie once and have literally never heard anything about it since then... is it actually well liked? I haven't seen every DreamWorks movie, but this was my least favorite of what I have seen but I didn't hate it, but I also didn't like it. I've all but forgotten it until I read this post lol

Try 30 days of free premium.