Try 30 days of free premium.

Before The Witcher season 2 comes out...

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 1

I was adding credits for the Witcher special anime...

https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/2129091/the-witcher-s02-special-the-witcher-nightmare-of-the-wolf

...and some of the characters are the same as in the series. I split all the same characters, but am not sure if it's the right thing to do so just checking here.

For example, we have two Vesemir characters in the main cast, one appears in the anime, and other is apparently for season 2 of live-action series. It is the same character, but if the time is much different then splitting them is the way to go, imho.

Same was as how there is Young Vesemir separate character. I believe there is one for season 2 but he may be of different age and that would make him same kind of different than regular Vesemir and Young Vesemir.

I'm mentioning this here because when season 2 starts it may be confusing for whoever adds the credits when he or she sees two characters with the same name. Especially for same character played by same actor, like Tom Canton who plays Filavendrel in both anime movie and tv series episode 1x02. But both those characters are split. One of the reasons I went by this was because they are very far apart in age. In season 1 Geralt was already older and a Witcher, in anime Gerals just appears as a young kid briefly at the end of it. So Filavendrel in anime may be younger by 20 or 50 or 100 years, depending how old Geralt was in season 1.

Anyway, just mentioning here so you can decide if characters should be merged or not. Or if for clarification there could be some name updated like "Vesemir" for the series and "Vesemir (anime)" for the anime. I don't like this approach, but as it is now it may be confusing so just be aware of this when season 2 Witcher starts :)

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 2

@JuanArango wrote:
we decided within staff that every credit in the anime should only be guest cast :)

Could you please clarify further, namely, answer me these questions in regard to it because your sentence leaves way to interpretation :)

1) Does what you said applies to animated specials of live-action series only?
2) Does what you said applies to any special of any series, even when they share the main cast?
3) Does what you said applies to any animated TV series which should no longer have main cast at all?
4) Does what you said applies only to this particular Witcher movie special?

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

@MAT13 wrote:

Could you please clarify further, namely, answer me these questions in regard to it because your sentence leaves way to interpretation :)

1) Does what you said applies to animated specials of live-action series only?
2) Does what you said applies to any special of any series, even when they share the main cast?
3) Does what you said applies to any animated TV series which should no longer have main cast at all?
4) Does what you said applies only to this particular Witcher movie special?

1) not decided yet

2) not decided yet

3) no

4) for now yes :)

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
1) not decided yet

2) not decided yet

3) no

4) for now yes :)

Thanks.

Oh, and what about my initial way of handling duplicates here. Was it right decision to split characters with the same name into two even when they are played by the same actor or should anime and live-action characters be treated as the same one? (again, time period may differ and age for the characters in some or all such cases)

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

@MAT13 wrote:
Thanks.

Oh, and what about my initial way of handling duplicates here. Was it right decision to split characters with the same name into two even when they are played by the same actor or should anime and live-action characters be treated as the same one? (again, time period may differ and age for the characters in some or all such cases)

For now leave it as it is, we will also discuss that :)

Try 30 days of free premium.