Try 30 days of free premium.

Text stripped from posters vs. original version?

tnt wrote 2 years ago: 1

I thought I gave you the link to the guidelines?

Images should be uploaded in the highest available resolution. Any smaller duplicates should be removed afterwards.
https://www.tvmaze.com/faq/44/show-image-general-guidelines 

Removing one or two lines of text from the image doesn't make it unique. So there's no practical reason to upload 1/6 smaller copy of the existing image (680x1000 vs 2025x3000) only because it has 2 lines of text less.

There are no rules about which particular image should be the default poster, but IMO having the biggest of the posters most recently released by the show's owner makes the most sense.

And once again, stop flooding with tvdb posters, especially when we already have the hi-res original of the tvdb's hack. They rarely have the highest available resolution.

thanson wrote 2 years ago: 1

Thank you for some clarification.  I was under the assumption that the site wanted posters that are 680x1000 which seems to be the standard on most sites and google searches .  That link to the policy is pretty vague and not as helpful as you might think for new users on this site that are not trained to identify "stretched photos" or low resolution.  What you might see as blurry might not seem the same to another user.  Perhaps the policy needs to be a bit more detailed regarding both minimum dimensions (which I thought I was making sure to follow the rules with 680x1000 posters) and resolution as pretty much nothing as specific as what you just said in the very informative post above is on that page.  There is still absolutely nothing which elaborates on or defines what this highest available resolution means.  I was willing to spend hours each day trying to add contributions to various shows but it seems that might not be wanted or needed.  Sorry for an inconvenience I may have caused.  Feel free to delete any uploads that I made which don't meet your requirements.  

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

@thanson wrote:
Thank you for some clarification.  I was under the assumption that the site wanted posters that are 680x1000 which seems to be the standard on most sites and google searches .  That link to the policy is pretty vague and not as helpful as you might think for new users on this site that are not trained to identify "stretched photos" or low resolution.  What you might see as blurry might not seem the same to another user.  Perhaps the policy needs to be a bit more detailed regarding both minimum dimensions (which I thought I was making sure to follow the rules with 680x1000 posters) and resolution as pretty much nothing as specific as what you just said in the very informative post above is on that page.  There is still absolutely nothing which elaborates on or defines what this highest available resolution means.  I was willing to spend hours each day trying to add contributions to various shows but it seems that might not be wanted or needed.  Sorry for an inconvenience I may have caused.  Feel free to delete any uploads that I made which don't meet your requirements.  

Noone wants you not to contribute. All tnt is pointing out is that he pointed you to the relevant policies and it looked like he was been ignored. If you have any concerns or issues regarding policy, the best thing to do is ask in the forums rather then continuing to add things that may not meet the policy requirements.

What areas of the policy are you finding hard to understand? 

blackcat2021 wrote 2 years ago: 2

@thanson wrote:

680x1000 pixels is definitely not the standard :) If you find similar res posters, they are taken from tvdb. My first uploaded posters were from tvdb, until @tnt enlightened me (which I thank) If you google a show, most times you get a 960x1440 pixels resolution poster. (or a blurry up-scaled poster because of the copyright). So, a 2:3 aspect ratio. On official websites you may get 1600x2400 pixels resolution posters. (again, 2:3 aspect ratio) :D 

Why tvdb is not liked? Because their posters are either cropped or stretched to meet their 680x1000 pixels resolution requirement.

Try 30 days of free premium.