Try 30 days of free premium.

Squid Game cancelled ?

Cecile wrote 2 years ago: 1

I saw that Squid Game has been putted as Ended, but I can't find any news online about a cancellation.

Did anyone seen an information about it ? 

MantvydasN wrote 2 years ago: 1

Netflix internally confirmed they are working on season 2 and the release is expected around 2022. With a bunch of spin-offs too. 

If you think about it, there is no way they cancel it. They will milk it until the end. It's the most popular thing they ever released. 

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 1

@MantvydasN wrote:
Netflix confirmed they are working on season 2 and the release is expected around 2022. With a bunch of spin-offs too. No idea why it was put to ended, should be in the development. 

If you think about it, there is no way they cancel it. They will milk it until the end. It's the most popular thing they ever released. 

Initially this was planned as a mini series only, I have set it "to be determined", has there been an official netflix word that they are making season 2?

LadyShelley wrote 2 years ago: 2

Just FYI GiantFreakinRobot is a terrible source. It is little more than clickbait. 

LadyShelley wrote 2 years ago: 1

From IndieWire: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/squid-game-director-season-2-hwang-dong-hyuk-netflix-interview-1234670491/

Exact viewership numbers for “Squid Game” aren’t publicly available yet, but the show’s apparent success has led to an obvious question: Will there be a Season 2? Dong-hyuk noted that he was laser-focused on completing Season 1 during production and hadn’t given any thought to a sequel prior to the show’s release. But given the show’s immense popularity, enthusiastic fan base, and several plot threads that could be expanded, Dong-hyuk admitted it’s possible that more “Squid Game” programming could be on the way.

“I’m getting a lot of pressure on Season 2,” he said. “I still have the story about the Front Man and his relationship with his brother, the police man. And people are also curious about where Gi-hun is headed in the finale because he turns away from the plane. I think I do have the obligation to explain it to the fans and I’m thinking about Season 2, but at the time, I was so tired after finishing Season 1, I couldn’t really think of Season 2. But now that it’s become such a big hit, people would hate me if I don’t make a Season 2, so I feel a lot of pressure and think I’d have to. The big success of Season 1 is a big reward to me, but at the same time it’s given me a lot of pressure.”

JeBoyd wrote a year ago: 1

Hi! I hope it is not too late for this newbie to say something. As a fan, I am personally super excited about the possibility of a Season 2. But at the same time, I also understand that Dong-hyuk must be feeling the weight of expectations and the pressure to deliver another hit season.
So Dong-hyuk mentioned in an interview that he still has a lot of storylines to explore, like the relationship between the Front Man and his brother, the police man, and what happens to Gi-hun after he turns away from the plane in the finale. He feels obligated to explain these threads to the fans and is considering a Season 2. However, he did admit that he was pretty tired after finishing Season 1, so he couldn't really think about Season 2 at the time. That's all I know, guys.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@JeBoyd wrote:
Hi! I hope it is not too late for this newbie to say something. As a fan, I am personally super excited about the possibility of a Season 2. But at the same time, I also understand that Dong-hyuk must be feeling the weight of expectations and the pressure to deliver another hit season.
So Dong-hyuk mentioned in an interview that he still has a lot of storylines to explore, like the relationship between the Front Man and his brother, the police man, and what happens to Gi-hun after he turns away from the plane in the finale. He feels obligated to explain these threads to the fans and is considering a Season 2. However, he did admit that he was pretty tired after finishing Season 1, so he couldn't really think about Season 2 at the time. That's all I know, guys.

I honeslty think it would be fine to not continue this. The show was so amazing and refreshing and the end was fine to me. :)

Wouldn't you see a new approach of this show? :))

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 2

@JeBoyd wrote:
Wouldn't you see a new approach of this show? :))

Of course I would continue to watch it, but I think this is not a show that "urgently" needs a second season. :)

WatchingTV wrote a year ago: 3

Usually a new season is more often damaging the image of the series :)

@JeBoyd wrote:
So Dong-hyuk mentioned in an interview that he still has a lot of storylines to explore, like the relationship between the Front Man and his brother, the police man, and what happens to Gi-hun after he turns away from the plane in the finale. here is fastest gambling. He feels obligated to explain these threads to the fans and is considering a Season 2. However, he did admit that he was pretty tired after finishing Season 1, so he couldn't really think about Season 2 at the time. That's all I know, guys.

Yep, mb I wasn't right, I mean your words about damaging series image convinced me that it is not worthy to launch a 2nd season. Alright then :)

Try 30 days of free premium.