Try 30 days of free premium.

Do we add same show title for each country that uses it?

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 1

I find this a bit strange...

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/12124/a-nero-wolfe-mystery

...we have several identical AKA titles one for each country. Not sure that is necessary.

For example US / Estonia / Finland have identical AKA title. And Mexico and Portugal as well.

Wouldn't one be enough?

Furthermore, we have both US and UK titles as AKA titles. It makes me wonder, which country does the primary title belong to then?

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

For a country-specific AKA that's OK, since there's no way to link 1 AKA to multiple countries.

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 2

@david wrote:
For a country-specific AKA that's OK, since there's no way to link 1 AKA to multiple countries.

Yeah, but when majority of countries use same (i.e. US title), would it make sense to list the same AKA title as primary title under 150 more other countries? :)

@MAT13 wrote:
Yeah, but when majority of countries use same (i.e. US title), would it make sense to list the same AKA title as primary title under 150 more other countries? :)

No,

Also, an AKA may only be added when the alternate name significantly differs from the Show's primary name.

But that's not going on in the show you linked :) The name is "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" and there's no AKA added with that name.

@david wrote:

But that's not going on in the show you linked :) The name is "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" and there's no AKA added with that name.

Can you tell me which country does the "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" title belong to? Seeing how we have US and UK titles under AKA. The series is obviously a US show, so shouldn't US title be a primary one? And if we make it as such, then there'll be duplicates under AKA.

Hold on, lemme check the pilot episode... (a few moment later)... okay, the pilot itself has opening title which says "The Golden Spiders: A Nero Wolfe Mystery".

I've uploaded title shot under the pilot for future reference... https://www.tvmaze.com/images/938011/the-golden-spiders-image-938011

So I am not even sure if "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" needs to be the main title seeing how it's more of a tag-line title for the pilot.

I have no idea about the naming of this show specifically.

LadyShelley wrote 2 years ago: 1

The title probably should be "Nero Wolfe" that's what the DVDs I own say and I think that was all the A&E listing was as well. The Golden Spiders was a one-off movie that led to the show getting picked up to series, and the "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" was the subtitle for that specific film. 

@LadyShelley wrote:
The title probably should be "Nero Wolfe" that's what the DVDs I own say and I think that was all the A&E listing was as well. The Golden Spiders was a one-off movie that led to the show getting picked up to series, and the "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" was the subtitle for that specific film. 

Actually, I just check episodes of regular season 1 & 2, and they all open with "A Nero Wolfe Mystery" followed by the episode title.

So perhaps that is the original US title. That means "Nero Wolfe" aka title is probably US DVD-set title or something like that.
Either way, since this title is in every episode, it's safe to assume this is official title of the series.

The only thing that bothered me was listing same AKAs multiple times. I think listing it under single country would be enough, imho.

Try 30 days of free premium.