Try 30 days of free premium.

Hey

Rewksne22. wrote 2 years ago: 1

Hey guys do you think is it possible to watch Vikings Valhalla if I've not watched the previous vikings. And also lord of the rings (prime video) if I've not watched the film series? :)

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

Yes, does anyone know about this? It'd be really helpful!

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

If you have a tv or something that you can stream the episodes on then yes I'd say it should be possible :). 

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 2

@TomSouthwell wrote:
If you have a tv or something that you can stream the episodes on then yes I'd say it should be possible :). 

Lol. Did not mean that

NathanDrake83 wrote 2 years ago: 2

Vikings Valhalla should be enjoyable even without having watched Vikings, you may miss some reference here and there but nothing fundamental, I think.

LotR is a bit more difficult, in my opinion. LotR movies give some lore, but nothing that cannot be recapped inside the first episodes. The question is more: how can you be interested in the show and not the movies? :)  They are THE pillar for fantasy genre, if you are interested in the show you should be interested in the movies too, and even more so! They're 9 hours long (well, 12 if you watch the extended version... and you should!), see them as a one-season prequel series!  ;)

PandaRed wrote 2 years ago: 1

@4uak_dh6 wrote:
Lol. Did not mean that

I mean it's up to you. Do you like knowing all the lore and backstory to a show? Then watch or read the books before the series comes out. Do you like diving into the unknown and being surprised? Then read and watch none! You'll be fine either way, I'm sure the show will tell the audience what they need to know :)

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

You've got till February 25th to catch up on Vikings and plenty of time for Lord of the Rings :).

I think the latter (LotR) may require some more in depth, but Vikings should not be a problem.

I76_uaa. wrote 2 years ago: 1

I think you will be fine with Viking sequel as everyone said but idk much about lotr

I76_uaa. wrote 2 years ago: 2

But also what do you guys think about the halo series? Do you think I would understand it without knowing it's background or anything

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

The people making the shows aren't completely stupid to alienate viewers who arent familiar with any of the lore behind properties, they know certain people will watch because a certain actor is starring or a certain name is attached to work behind the scenes. Plus with all of the competition out there, it wouldn't be the best idea to create a show that noone could understand if they haven't played an xbox game or read a book before. If Halo premieres and noone understands it except for Xbox players, then they havent made a good show. To a point it should be accessible to all, and contain those little easter eggs that true fans will understand more then your average Joe or in this case average I76_uaa. 

kevin87 wrote 2 years ago: 2

Valhalla is set a century after Vikings, so they might have some references to Ragnar, Bjorn, and Ivar being legendary and whatnot, but it's not going to really be very connected to it. Plus it's not on the original network, so they'll probably try to make it as much of it's own thing as they can. 

LOTR is set before the events of The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy, so I don't see how you'd miss much of anything with that. If anything, you could have a better understanding of the world having seen the show first.

Try 30 days of free premium.