Try 30 days of free premium.

Support for when TVmaze episode numbers do not match "official" or "wider adopted" numbering?

tvm52237 wrote 2 years ago: 1

One of the great benefits of TVmaze is the published set of rules for data that ensures the site remains tidy and consistent.

However, take Star Trek Prodigy - everywhere (it seems like it to me) apart from TVmaze the episode numbers are generally one higher for Season 1.  

I understand why TVmaze has numbered it this way this does lead to great confusion.  

I would like to suggest trying to add something so the "official" or "wider adopted" episode number could also be entered in addition to the TVmaze rules on numbering?

If I am honest I have no idea how to do it apart from duplicating the whole episode list as potentially the series, episode number, title everything could be different but someone might have an idea on how to do something that might work out in most cases even if it is not perfect?

Thanks

It is a pity this wasn't suggested (I didn't see it) when the original thread regarding Star Trek Prodigy was being discussed and every hour episodes 1 and 2 were being changed.

Can even a normal user create an alternate episode list?

The season is over I think now so I guess it doesn't really matter.  

Lets just hope they don't do something similar for Season 2 if we get one.

Just out of interest does anyone know of any Shows where alternate episode lists have been created - I would like to see how they look on the site?

Thanks

Thanks for the info.  Not convinced the functionality is really designed for an active show though.  It happens so infrequently I guess it doesn't really matter.

Try 30 days of free premium.