Try 30 days of free premium.

Possible embed types?

hellowlol wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thanks for a awesome api!

Using the example from the api docs: "http://api.tvmaze.com/shows/1?embed[]=episodes&emb..."

What other embed types exist for this call? I would like to get as much info about a show i can. I just assumed i could add &embed[]=crewcast but that returns

{"name":"Bad Request","message":"Invalid embed type","code":0,"status":400}

The idea is to improve the python tvmaze api.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thank you and welcome!

Right now the possible embeds for a show are episodes, cast, previousepisode and nextepisode. If new information is added to the API, it'll be possible to embed that as well. :)

david wrote:
Thank you and welcome!
Right now the possible embeds for a show are episodes, cast, previousepisode and nextepisode. If new information is added to the API, it'll be possible to embed that as well. :)

Any change we can add crew info to embed? If not is there a other api point where i can get the producer etc of a particular tvshow?

I have only found http://api.tvmaze.com/people/1/castcredits?embed=s... but thats the "wrong" way.

The idea is to improve the current python interface (pytvmaze) so all info that exists in the navbar of a show (http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/4/arrow) is one python object

show = pytvmaze.get_show('Arrow') print show.producers ["David Nutter", "....", "...."]

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hey hellowlol,

I'm the creator of the pytvmaze module, and am in no way affiliated with the creation or programming of this website. I totally get what you are trying to do, the ideal scenario would definitely be to create one huge python object with every piece of information about a show, with only one API call. Keep in mind that this would make getting a show object slower since there would be more JSON to parse, but in most applications that probably doesn't matter.

I agree that it would be nice to have "crew" as an embed type, so David add me to the +1 for that! As I have stated before, I'm open for suggestions on my pytvmaze API and will also continue to update it as the tvmaze API updates. If you have general suggestions or issues you can post them to this thread to ensure I will see them (or the GitHub page of course).

srob650 wrote:
Hey hellowlol,
I'm the creator of the pytvmaze module, and am in no way affiliated with the creation or programming of this website. I totally get what you are trying to do, the ideal scenario would definitely be to create one huge python object with every piece of information about a show, with only one API call. Keep in mind that this would make getting a show object slower since there would be more JSON to parse, but in most applications that probably doesn't matter.
I agree that it would be nice to have "crew" as an embed type, so David add me to the +1 for that! As I have stated before, I'm open for suggestions on my pytvmaze API and will also continue to update it as the tvmaze API updates. If you have general suggestions or issues you can post them to this thread to ensure I will see them (or the GitHub page of course).

I have forked your repo, i plan to send a pr when im done. :

Is it possible to add "person info" to the person api call?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Sure, show crew is something that can be added. We have a huge backlog at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind. :)

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Sure, show crew is something that can be added. We have a huge backlog at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind. :)

Thanks David!

Try 30 days of free premium.