Try 30 days of free premium.

Multiple roles under same show as different character

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 1

Probably not a bug, unless this was supposed to be listed in some order.

When same actor appears in the same show multiple times under different roles there don't appear to be any order to it.

Nor by character's name or surname, nor by episode number, nor by episode release date, nor by episode title.

This may be ordered in the way it was added to the database, which probably isn't good :)
I added credits for episode 1x35 few days ago, and just recently for 2x29 which supports my theory that the ordering is done in the way it was added to the database.

In the way it is currently presented, it would at least be better if these are displayed alphabetically (by character's name).

User page: https://www.tvmaze.com/people/138207/neil-hamilton
Excerpt in question is also pasted below.

Perry Mason (1957)

Guest starring as Victor Billings

Episode 8x05: The Case of the Betrayed Bride (Oct 22, 1964)

Guest starring as Henry Noble

Episode 3x07: The Case of the Golden Fraud (Nov 21, 1959)

Guest starring as Bertrand Allred

Episode 1x35: Erle Stanley Gardner's The Case of the Lazy Lover (May 31, 1958)

Guest starring as Frank Livesey

Episode 2x29: Erle Stanley Gardner's The Case of the Dubious Bridegroom (Jun 13, 1959)

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

I would say listing them in appearance order would make more sense then alphabetical, just in the same way that a recurring or starring characters first appearance appears before their latest appearance at the top of the drop down. 

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I would say listing them in appearance order would make more sense then alphabetical, just in the same way that a recurring or starring characters appears before their latest appearance at the top. 

Yes, that would be better. If, say, character A appears in 1x07 and 3x05, and character B in 2x12... well yeah, it would looks better, would just be more stuff to test for David, unless multiple appearances of same character would be grouped and included earliest episode appearance. I was just thinking of a more simple solution (as in better than nothing), but yeah, what you proposed would be a better solution if David has time for it.

Try 30 days of free premium.