Try 30 days of free premium.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

AnonymousCoward wrote 2 years ago: -12

Anyone seen this yet? Wondering if it's going to be more of the woke garbage which has driven me away form picard and discovery. 

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 7

@AnonymousCoward wrote:
Anyone seen this yet? Wondering if it's going to be more of the woke garbage which has driven me away form picard and discovery. 

Not seen it yet but wondering why you think "woke" is garbage?

AnonymousCoward wrote a year ago: -8

I guess I'm tired of trying to watch scifi shows which I really enjoy, just to have it ruined by contemporary liberal-bias political messaging poorly forced into the story line.

Picard was really a neat show, then quickly fell apart to appease twitter.

It's not that I care that it has a "liberal bias" it's more that I watch TV shows like this to avoid the constant political messaging that's pervasive in seemingly every bit of fictional TV out there these days.

AnonymousCoward wrote a year ago: -4

Oh, and yes I did watch the first episode, it was good and interesting, hopefully it doesn't go off the rails like Picard.

HaraldFauland wrote a year ago: 4

i liked the first few episodes more than anything else since TNG.

deleted wrote a year ago: 5

yes it's actually good! it's a one story per episode thing which is GREAT!!

JulesTalkinTV wrote a year ago: 4

This show really has the vibe of the original. Don't you think? 

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 3

yes, it comes pretty close to it!

AnonymousCoward wrote a year ago: 1

Yeah, I really enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully this is a hit with them and they continue to make more of these in this style, maybe some "archer" like spin off but in this style.

suemac wrote a year ago: 0

I watched 4 eps then tagged as 'lost interest'. I'm female, 68, retired, Original ST fan.  I got distracted by the tall hair...and what seemed like inside jokes? NO NO NOT for me. Does NOT have vibe of orig.

obdue wrote a year ago: 3

@suemac wrote:
I watched 4 eps then tagged as 'lost interest'. I'm female, 68, retired, Original ST fan.  I got distracted by the tall hair...and what seemed like inside jokes? NO NO NOT for me. Does NOT have vibe of orig.

As a person who just finished re-watching a bunch of my favorite episodes from TOS and TNG I'd say it has as much of the original vibe as one could expect half of the century later.
Personally, I liked it very much.

suemac wrote a year ago: 0

@obdue wrote:
As a person who just finished re-watching a bunch of my favorite episodes from TOS and TNG I'd say it has as much of the original vibe as one could expect half of the century later.
Personally, I liked it very much.

vive la difference!

Well, now I'll have go back and re-watch some TOS. The only one still in my head is "The Trouble with Tribbles" Dec 1967. And the cardboard sets, LOL!  ;)

obdue wrote a year ago: 3

@suemac wrote:
vive la difference!

Well, now I'll have go back and re-watch some TOS. The only one still in my head is "The Trouble with Tribbles" Dec 1967. And the cardboard sets, LOL!  ;)

Better to have cardboard sets than cardboard characters :D
Mirror Spock's goatee still gives me creeps though ))

Try 30 days of free premium.