Try 30 days of free premium.

Naruto first 10 ep + Shipuuden full series Japan lang title

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 0

What could be done is only translating it to our alphabet, but the policy states they have to stay in Japanese.

Szpity wrote a year ago: 1

And that’s been good for years so far, what’s changed? Do you know that you have more English users than Japanese? Couldn't this be done with a language setting? If the Japanese want to read in their original language, let them do so. But anyone who uses the site in English should no longer have to make it all illegible.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@Szpity wrote:
And that’s been good for years so far, what’s changed? Do you know that you have more English users than Japanese? Couldn't this be done with a language setting? If the Japanese want to read in their original language, let them do so. But anyone who uses the site in English should no longer have to make it all illegible.

Well, I see your point but we aim to have the title always in the language the show premiered on and that is used by the official network.

Szpity wrote a year ago: 0

Could it be that you would write the English title next to Japan with a hyphen? In the case of Pokémon, this is how Bulbapedia is solved. I think that would be a viable solution.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 2

@Szpity wrote:
Could it be that you would write the English title next to Japan with a hyphen? In the case of Pokémon, this is how Bulbapedia is solved. I think that would be a viable solution.

I can take that with me to the next staff meeting but cannot promise anything. :)

Try 30 days of free premium.