Try 30 days of free premium.

IMDb reference link

Aidan wrote a year ago: 1

@david wrote:
OK, I did both :-)

The show externals now have a somewhat more useful page where you can click through to the destination site. And next to that, I added an "official site" field for people.

The link to add externals on shows that don't have them seem to be gone for Trusted contributors.

Edit: nevermind, I'm blind :)

CostaDax wrote a year ago: 1

Hey, @david! May I report a bug? I started adding Futon links to the shows and all was going great until I tried to add one to Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. The link of the show to Futon is this. Whatever I type, it says no matches found. I tried typing "Star Trek: Starfleet Academy", "Star Trek", "Starfleet Academy", "STAR TREK: STARFLEET ACADEMY (PARAMOUNT PLUS)", nothing works. The same thing happens with Star Trek: Section 31 (Futon link). I believe the reason for this is that those two shows are in development, so their Futon links are not in SHOWATCH, but in DEVWATCH. Could you please look into this and include DEVWATCH links as well if possible? Thank you! :)

david wrote a year ago: 1

@Aidan wrote:
The link to add externals on shows that don't have them seem to be gone for Trusted contributors.

Edit: nevermind, I'm blind :)

Yeah, I figured that having both a "view externals" and "edit externals" link would be overkill :)

bungle wrote a year ago: 1

love the update! there's just one thing however, when i click to edit an external i don't see any for thetvdb - only futon and imdb comes up.

david wrote a year ago: 3

@CostaDax wrote:
Hey, @david! May I report a bug? I started adding Futon links to the shows and all was going great until I tried to add one to Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. The link of the show to Futon is this. Whatever I type, it says no matches found. I tried typing "Star Trek: Starfleet Academy", "Star Trek", "Starfleet Academy", "STAR TREK: STARFLEET ACADEMY (PARAMOUNT PLUS)", nothing works. The same thing happens with Star Trek: Section 31 (Futon link). I believe the reason for this is that those two shows are in development, so their Futon links are not in SHOWATCH, but in DEVWATCH. Could you please look into this and include DEVWATCH links as well if possible? Thank you! :)

Ha, Tom reported the same thing the other day. I didn't necessarily intend it like this, but it might be better this way because I don't know whether we can rely on the futon name/ID staying the once a show moves on from "devwatch" to "showatch"..

@bungle wrote:
love the update! there's just one thing however, when i click to edit an external i don't see any for thetvdb - only futon and imdb comes up.

In the new setup, the fields simply disappear from the edit page when they cannot be edited. Probably the show already has a tvdb id, but no futon/imdb id yet?

CostaDax wrote a year ago: 1

@david wrote:
Ha, Tom reported the same thing the other day. I didn't necessarily intend it like this, but it might be better this way because I don't know whether we can rely on the futon name/ID staying the once a show moves on from "devwatch" to "showatch"..

Sure thing. It makes sense. Thanks for the speedy response! :)

@bungle wrote:
correct, the input fields are only displaying for externals not already present.

Yeah, so that's the intended behavior. Previously (as a TC) an external you can't edit would have an input field that's disabled. Now, I just removed the input field altogether in that case.

@david wrote:
Yeah, so that's the intended behavior. Previously (as a TC) an external you can't edit would have an input field that's disabled. Now, I just removed the input field altogether in that case.

ok oki, i thought for some reason we could edit them now. but thanks for making them clickable at least will save alot of time. 👍

david wrote a year ago: 3

@bungle wrote:
ok oki, i thought for some reason we could edit them now. but thanks for making them clickable at least will save alot of time. 👍

Great! I'll still work on the editing-by-anyone in the future :)

ah ok that's fair. i will wait to add any of those id's until they move to /showatch then. 

thanks david

Try 30 days of free premium.