Try 30 days of free premium.

Need a little assistance...

theprisoner6 wrote a year ago: 1

Hi, 

Newbie here - I may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but can someone tell me (or point me to a users's guide) how to bulk add episodes as "watched"? Also, what does "acquired" mean, and can you PM other members on this site? Thanks!

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@theprisoner6 wrote:
Hi, 

Newbie here - I may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but can someone tell me (or point me to a users's guide) how to bulk add episodes as "watched"? Also, what does "acquired" mean, and can you PM other members on this site? Thanks!

2 of the 3 questions I can answer immediately.

Acquired means you got it but haven't watched yet, means you got it on netflix, prime or bought the Blu-ray or as a downlaod for example.

PM members of the site only staff can do, but you can leave a message on every user's talk page for example, I just left one on yours :)

RoseRed wrote a year ago: 1

@theprisoner6 wrote:
Hi, 

If you head over to the watchlist page for a specific show (either click through from the show's episode list, or from the watchlist itself) you'll see the new system at work. First use the radiobuttons to select a range of episodes; then mark them all as acquired, watched or skipped with a single click! (The option to mark as watched is available to everyone, the other ones are exclusive to Premium users at first). For an example screenshot see: https://static.tvmaze.com/uploads/images/original_untouched/366/916617.jpg

Additionally - when in Rome - we now ask you what is the latest episode that you've watched, when you start following a show from the show's main page. By answering that question, we'll automatically mark all the right episodes as watched on your watchlist to save you from having to do so manually! For example: https://static.tvmaze.com/uploads/images/original_untouched/366/916618.jpg 

deleted wrote a year ago: 1

hi,

I was wondering how to leave a message on someones page in their TALK section?

Thank you

david wrote a year ago: 2

@Laura1 wrote:
hi,

I was wondering how to leave a message on someones page in their TALK section?

Thank you

Writing on someone's talk page is only available to users who have semi-recently been active in editing (this is done to prevent spam by new and untrusted accounts). 

Once you meet that criterium, you'll see a "Talk to XXX" button on any user's talk page.

deleted wrote a year ago: 2

@david wrote:
Writing on someone's talk page is only available to users who have semi-recently been active in editing (this is done to prevent spam by new and untrusted accounts). 

Once you meet that criterium, you'll see a "Talk to XXX" button on any user's talk page.

oh ok thanks 😀

wondering if there's a way to see what shows need editing, images, characters? there are so many shows that is hard to find the ones with missing info.

thank you

Laura

Jan wrote a year ago: 2

@Laura1 there are tools for that that you'll be exposed to at some point based on your contribution level. but for starters, if you just go to your favorite shows and check the characters and crew pages you'll find some already with no image. f.e. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/46562/the-last-of-us/crew

We basically deliberately limit the exposure of tools to new/starting users so that they don't get overwhelmed. So that they learn things gradually. And also to prevent abuse. 

hope this helps.

@Jan wrote:
@Laura1 there are tools for that that you'll be exposed to at some point based on your contribution level. but for starters, if you just go to your favorite shows and check the characters and crew pages you'll find some already with no image. f.e. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/46562/the-last-of-us/crew

We basically deliberately limit the exposure of tools to new/starting users so that they don't get overwhelmed. So that they learn things gradually. And also to prevent abuse. 

hope this helps.

it does help thanks

woooxi wrote a year ago: 1

hi all, I'm also looking to help out in editing show's news for example,is there a user guide for that?

thanks

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 2

@woooxi wrote:
hi all, I'm also looking to help out in editing show's news for example,is there a user guide for that?

thanks

I'll point you to our news editor @LadyShelley :)

LadyShelley wrote a year ago: 1

@woooxi wrote:

thanks

I've sent you a message on your talk page. 

Try 30 days of free premium.