Try 30 days of free premium.

Cancelled Shows

deleted wrote a year ago: 1

'1899' Cancelled By Netflix

Word is out that Netflix has cancelled 1899 after just one season. Cast member Lucas Lynggaard Tonnesen, as well as the show's creators, took to social media to express their sadness over the move, which makes 1899 the first cancelled series of 2023.

The show follows a group of European passengers on an immigrant ship, traveling from London to the new continent, who get caught in a mysterious riddle when they come across a second vessel adrift on the open sea. Season 1 ended on a cliffhanger, as the creators had envisioned a three-season run for the show, which unfortunately has been cut short.

deleted wrote a year ago: 2

'Blockbuster' Cancelled At Netflix

It is being reported that Netflix has cancelled Blockbuster after one season. The news comes six weeks after the workplace comedy released its 10-episode freshman run, which ultimately garnered lackluster reviews from critics and viewers. It also struggled to create a lot of buzz upon its release, failing to make it into the streamer's weekly Top 10 list.

The half-hour series follows film buff Timmy, who is the manager of the last Blockbuster Video store in America. Along with his second-in-command Eliza and the rest of his staff, Timmy does his best to keep the store relevant. The best way to do that is to remind their community that the human connection they provide is something you can't find with big corporations.

Netflix Cancels 'Warrior Nun'

Word is out that Warrior Nun has been cancelled by Netflix after two seasons. Creator Simon Barry took to Twitter with the news, thanking the fans, cast, and production team for supporting the show. The fantasy drama released its sophomore run just last month.

Based on the manga-style comics by Ben Dunn, the series follows orphaned teenager Ava, who wakes up in a morgue with unexplainable powers. As she searches for answers, Ava realizes she is part of a secret society of warrior nuns, known as The Order of the Cruciform Sword, who are sworn to protect the world from evil. Now caught in the middle of an ancient war between good and evil, Ava has a new set of responsibilities as the chosen one.

tash845 wrote a year ago: 1

@Laura1 wrote:

Word is out that Warrior Nun has been cancelled by Netflix after two seasons. Creator Simon Barry took to Twitter with the news, thanking the fans, cast, and production team for supporting the show. The fantasy drama released its sophomore run just last month.

Based on the manga-style comics by Ben Dunn, the series follows orphaned teenager Ava, who wakes up in a morgue with unexplainable powers. As she searches for answers, Ava realizes she is part of a secret society of warrior nuns, known as The Order of the Cruciform Sword, who are sworn to protect the world from evil. Now caught in the middle of an ancient war between good and evil, Ava has a new set of responsibilities as the chosen one.

I really liked this show. Good writing, acting and badas* Ava. 

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@tash845 wrote:
I really liked this show. Good writing, acting and badas* Ava. 

same here :(

@Laura1 wrote:
'1899' Cancelled By Netflix

Word is out that Netflix has cancelled 1899 after just one season. Cast member Lucas Lynggaard Tonnesen, as well as the show's creators, took to social media to express their sadness over the move, which makes 1899 the first cancelled series of 2023.

The show follows a group of European passengers on an immigrant ship, traveling from London to the new continent, who get caught in a mysterious riddle when they come across a second vessel adrift on the open sea. Season 1 ended on a cliffhanger, as the creators had envisioned a three-season run for the show, which unfortunately has been cut short.

Arrggg! This was on our list to watch, just really dislike so much when they do this.

'The Nevers' Cancelled By HBO

It is being reported that HBO has cancelled The Nevers. The sci-fi drama, which has only aired six of its 12 planned Season 1 episodes, is being taken off of HBO Max along with 'Westworld,' which was cancelled last month.

Set in Victorian London, the series follows what happens after a supernatural event gives certain people — mostly women — abnormal abilities. Those affected find themselves part of a new underclass of citizens that are in grave danger. A mysterious widow and a brilliant young inventor are given the responsibility of protecting and sheltering these gifted orphans. But to do so, they'll face the brutal forces determined to annihilate their kind.

It is unclear when and where the final episodes of The Nevers will air, but they will likely see the light of day at some point.

@tash845 wrote:
Arrggg! This was on our list to watch, just really dislike so much when they do this.

I liked the show! wonder where that ship was going....now we will never know😭 

@Laura1 wrote:

It is being reported that Netflix has cancelled Blockbuster after one season. The news comes six weeks after the workplace comedy released its 10-episode freshman run, which ultimately garnered lackluster reviews from critics and viewers. It also struggled to create a lot of buzz upon its release, failing to make it into the streamer's weekly Top 10 list.

The half-hour series follows film buff Timmy, who is the manager of the last Blockbuster Video store in America. Along with his second-in-command Eliza and the rest of his staff, Timmy does his best to keep the store relevant. The best way to do that is to remind their community that the human connection they provide is something you can't find with big corporations.

I’m thinking they should have had this set in the 1990’s. I like actor Randall Park, but this was not a good acting fit for him. We liked him in Fresh Off The Boat … but Blockbuster fell flat for us. 

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@Laura1 wrote:
'The Nevers' Cancelled By HBO

It is being reported that HBO has cancelled The Nevers. The sci-fi drama, which has only aired six of its 12 planned Season 1 episodes, is being taken off of HBO Max along with 'Westworld,' which was cancelled last month.

Set in Victorian London, the series follows what happens after a supernatural event gives certain people — mostly women — abnormal abilities. Those affected find themselves part of a new underclass of citizens that are in grave danger. A mysterious widow and a brilliant young inventor are given the responsibility of protecting and sheltering these gifted orphans. But to do so, they'll face the brutal forces determined to annihilate their kind.

It is unclear when and where the final episodes of The Nevers will air, but they will likely see the light of day at some point.

Loved The Nevers, hopefully some streamer will air them at some point.

BritMystery wrote a year ago: 1

@Laura1 wrote:

Now that this is on my radar, I am going to watch the documentary on Netflix (The Last Blockbuster) as being the "last man standing", the one bucking the norm (and surviving) is so intriguing. Actually, if I had one near me, I would stop by to rent a movie or two. Streaming is great, I am the first to admit, but I would enjoy the feeling (again) of going to pick out something to bring home, pop it in the DVD player and returning it when done. Nostalgia sometimes rules!

My friend Alastair is still on Netflix's (mail) DVD program. I don't think they publicize that they continue to offer this service. Diehards still exist. He has a list of DVD's in his queue and when a DVD becomes available Netflix mails it to him and he mails it back when he is done. 

zylas wrote a year ago: 1

@Laura1 wrote:

I enjoyed the show

Syfy Cancels 'Astrid & Lilly Save The World'

It is being reported by TVLine that Astrid & Lilly Save the World has been cancelled by Syfy after one season. The news comes nine months after the dramedy wrapped its 10-episode freshman run, which ultimately failed to draw a significant audience for the cable network.

The series follows the titular teenagers, who are two outcast best friends that accidentally open up a portal to a terrifyingly quirky monster dimension. As if high school life wasn't complicated enough, it's now up to them to vanquish the creatures and save the world, becoming the heroes they were always meant to be.

AMC Cancels '61st Street'

It is being reported that AMC has cancelled 61st Street after one season. The cable network has scrapped plans to air the thriller's planned second season despite filming already being completed.

In the show, the investigation of a deadly drug bust in Chicago triggers events that threaten to unravel the police department's code of silence. A casualty of this is a promising high school athlete who becomes a victim of the city's infamously corrupt criminal justice system.

The move is likely related to AMC Networks' announced $400M of cost-cutting on content. A similar situation occurred with 'Moonhaven' just last month, with AMC+ reversing its renewal of the sci-fi drama. With Season 2 of 61st Street already produced, it's possible that the show could resurface on another platform in the future.

'Fear The Walking Dead' To End With Season 8

AMC announced today that Fear the Walking Dead will be coming to an end after its upcoming eighth season. The news comes as the network pencils in a return date for the 'Walking Dead' spinoff's final 12 episodes, which will air in two parts; the first six beginning on May 14 and the final six later in the year.

The zombie drama has been through some significant changes over the course of its run. Most of the original cast have departed and the current showrunners have altered its overall tone and storytelling style. The show's timeline has also aligned more with the recently-concluded mothership series, with two stars of 'The Walking Dead' having crossed over to Fear the Walking Dead.

Try 30 days of free premium.