Try 30 days of free premium.

QI VG Specials

LouisWu wrote a year ago: 1

The formula for the "VG" specials of QI is two half hours of clips from the current season. There is no new footage, not even a unique introduction.

So I was wondering why those are listed as "Significant Special"?

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

If they have no new footage they shouldn't even be included at all :) 

CosmicHowl wrote a year ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
If they have no new footage they shouldn't even be included at all :) 

Is there a quota for new footage in a 'best of' insignificant special, or is it any amount?

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

@CosmicHowl wrote:
Is there a quota for new footage in a 'best of' insignificant special, or is it any amount?

I think we'd fall back on this section of policy right? @david , @JuanArango , @RoseRed , @LadyShelley , @MTQueenie , @TonyMayhew 

We don't allow duplicates, each unique show should only be listed in our database once.

Explicitly allowed are:

Extended versions of a show with a runtime that's at least 25% longer (of actual footage - not commercials) than the original (like "QI XL")

Explicitly not allowed are:

Subtitled versions of a show

Dubbed versions of a show

Versions of a show that shuffle the season numbering or episode order

Versions of a show with the original episodes split into multiple episodes

Versions of a show with certain scenes cut/censored

A grey area, consult the forums for a ruling:

Versions of an original show that have been heavily cut; i.e. cutting a 60-minute episode to 30 minutes

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Do these episodes have new footage in them at all @CosmicHowl 

I've only checked back to 2016 (M season) so far. Any deleted scenes or 'new' footage comes from QI XL but no episodes meet the 25% rule yet. 

I had some free time and finished checking the rest of the VG episodes. None of them met the new footage 25% rule, so all the 'Best of' episodes have been deleted. 

Try 30 days of free premium.