Try 30 days of free premium.

Which Country will it air in First?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Oh I have a question just in case this may happen? I have seen at least 6 shows in the last 2 years debut/premier on the same exact day in 2 countries on the same day/date. All of them were in Canada & the U.S. but if it happens in this case or any other future shows what Country takes precedent over the other or does first Country added gets it?

For this show we simply have to wait and see, we can change the network in case if we need to.

if a show airs the same date, same time in two countries......hard to say, I would go with the producing country/network then, if this is also split up, I got no clue to be honest :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Funny you should say that because this show is being produced by both Australia & New Zealand. I also do not see 1 cast member from the U.S. yet?

Then if it airs at the same date in USA / Australia and New Zealand, we will need to make the decision between Australia and New Zealand, as those are the producing countries.

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

If it's a co-production between 2 or more countries, we should go with the country where the episodes are shown first; even if the time difference is only a few hours. Since that's not known yet, we will indeed have to wait and see, and update it later on. :)

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
OK here is a 3rd show with multiple country airings however there is 1 Big difference in this one. I was looking to add "The Last Panthers" as it is in Development to air in 2016 in the U.S. on the Sundance Channel. It has already been added here on the site and it indicates it is running however that is not correct as it is also in development to air in the UK in 2016 and it will also air in France in 2016. Here is the difference per imdb.com this series begins airing tomorrow, 26 October in Germany. They have 6 episodes listed so far with 2015 dates I am not sure if this is correct or not because sometimes imdb.com has wrong information?
If someone can please verify if this show will begin airing in Germany and change the Network/Country it airs in and any other information that needs to be changed or added in it would be greatly appreciated?

The dates given on IMDB and TVDB seems to be false. All reports I have seen are saying that it will be airing in France, UK, Ireland, Austria, Germany and Italy simultaneously on SKY Channels (Except france, which will be Canal+) on the 12th of November 2015, so I guess we should stick to Sky Atlantic for airing them as they received all credits for it. Only Sundance will air it in spring 2016.

Yeah, that's all I'm seeing as well. So having it set to the UK version of the Sky channel looks like a good choice :)

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

ThomasNL wrote:
The dates given on IMDB and TVDB seems to be false. All reports I have seen are saying that it will be airing in France, UK, Ireland, Austria, Germany and Italy simultaneously on SKY Channels (Except france, which will be Canal+) on the 12th of November 2015, so I guess we should stick to Sky Atlantic for airing them as they received all credits for it. Only Sundance will air it in spring 2016.

Actually you should stick to Canal+ cause Panthers starts there before. It's a co-production between Sky and Canal, like the Tunnel and a few others. And the lead is French. It starts tonight on Canal+ to be exact. It starts on november 12th on Sky. It's a french/ UK coprod. But France is the lead producer... It was ordered by Canal+ and then Sky came on board to cut costs, probably.

Here is another one I just now found, wow 2 in the same day what are the odds? Anyways this series "The Frankenstein Chronicles" is already here on the site and is in Development to air sometime in 2016 on itv in the U.K

Chronicles is an ITV prod through and through. After, it's all about rights acquisitions, so ITV airing should rule. And it's not in development per se, since it's been compltely filmed as far as i know.

"Cleverman" that is scheduled to air in 2016 on the Sundance Channel

Cleverman was ordered by ABC in Australia link http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/04/abc-announces-...

I don't think it should be about which network air first, it's about which country produces those shows. Because for a long time the US networks used to pull shows very fast and then in other countries all episodes would air. But you'd agree that they're american shows, right ?

It is about which network airs the episodes first, but.. the source for airdates has to be consistent within a season. This will be clarified soon :)

Tonks wrote:
It starts tonight on Canal+ to be exact.

Really? Damn, this show is a mess.. none of the sources I read mentioned it. Happen to have a link?

David : http://panthers.canalplus.fr/

And i can give you a few program links as well. Let's just say i started getting Press releases about 1 month and half ago for Panthers.

It's not a mess, it's just a coproduction. France ordered it, and Sky came on board later on.

And we started getting those for Versailles about a couple of weeks ago.

I have to mention, Sky and Canal have a long term contract to coproduce stuff. Some times it's going to be France as lead, some times it's going to be England. So it's going to be a case by case basis, but most of the time, France has always aired them first. And honestly, just ask me, it's going to be quicker for 2 reasons, i live in France, and i pay close attention to UK/Australia fare as well, i have to.

Jaguar : What most sites ? Point me to one which doesn't say in production or new series.... "Running" ain't good for me, but i accept it for the purpose of what is showing on a show's page on THIS site.

Tvrage always ruled by the country where the show was produced. There are going to be a few problematic situations, but those above are clear cut.

IMDb uses the same rule and it also lists the production countries so that makes it super easy. The rest is alternative dates...

-----------

Development means something very specific. MOST sites make the distinction between development, pre, post production and completion... So, it's not most sites. It's this site which founders decided to limit the way we describe the life of a show in certain ways on the show page... I'm fine with that, but don't say it's in development when talking about them, because that's totally different. They're in the can already.

I just said they're not in development per se because they are NOT in development or in production anymore. I didn't say for the sake of this website they're not in development, i said "in reality they're not in development anymore".

I have not seen one show whether on imdb, tvrage or tv.com where it was ORDERED to series, and not change from development (when it's in development stages) and not changed from development which was correct for those that were following pilot procedures to new series or more exactly to "in production" (imdb lingo), whether there was an airdate or not. I know that Gadfly kept some shows on hiatus when there was no returning dates and i understood the logic even if I didn't agree with it.

Here keeping a show in development just because it has no airdate send the wrong message to persons visiting the show page. It doesn't tell them the show will air, it's just tells them something is development, nothing definitive.

A show is always in production, until it goes on air and then on hiatus... The only time it's in development is before it starts filming... Which can be a long time but as soon as the writers' room is working, it's in production. You can check the twitter acounts of writers, you'll see what type of language they use. I can't make you, but I think they're more knowledgable than all of us combined. I could advise you guys to listen to ben blacker's nerdist writers panel or the children of tendu so you have a real sense how it works for the US? but you'd need the time or the interest.

I can give you a few links from French websites that list launch dates, all of them will mix original content like Versailles, Panthers with acquisitions from other countries. i mentioned Versailles because it was filmed in English, the showrunners are English (Simon Mirren, and Wolf soemthing) and 90% of the cast is british.

This http://www.a-suivre.org/annuseries/filinfo/une_inf...

but mind you that article is being reposted as soon as a newsletter is sent and we get new dates

This is for the UK, Canada, GB and Australia (they miss some but the others won't have them) same rule applies, as soon as new dates come in, the article is reposted. it's not a blog. UK like France only gives dates three weeks in advance, a few websites may have insider's info, the british comedy website has dates that are not official yet for comedies.

http://www.a-suivre.org/annuseries/filinfo/une_inf...

this is a blog (he lists also when the same network airs a show from subtitled to dubbed, which happens mroe and more as they try to stop pirating)

http://itstvnews.com/planning-france/

i hear their calendar is very good, you can choose which country to use.

http://www.spin-off.fr/calendrier_des_series.html

one of the officials tvguides : they separate between Digital TV (free view), Cable, Cinema, Sports etc not the best way but the "historical networks" will be in the first category. The categories you can choose on the right side.

http://programme-tv.premiere.fr/Tous-les-programme...

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

You know the best source to use is http://panthers.canalplus.fr/saison-1 :)

Anyway it is the french part, while cast is mostly british :), so it is not the original part, but the french though

ThomasNL wrote:
You know the best source to use is http://panthers.canalplus.fr/saison-1 :)
Anyway it is the french part, while cast is mostly british :), so it is not the original part, but the french though

Thomas, I gave the main link to the canal+ website for Panthers which had the date in huge letters before my last post ;)

I don't understand what you mean by original. It's a French show filmed in English coproduced by Sky as well. Canal+ is known to film more than half of their shows in english for better international sales.

EDIT example : Borgias (not the showtime show, the Tom fontana show), Spotless, The Tunnel and lately Versailles. Actually pretty much every new show ordered by Canal are filmed in English and then dubbed for the lazy french people who hate reading subtitles.

Try 30 days of free premium.