Try 30 days of free premium.

Please remove, this was not a series it was a 1-Episode only made for TV Movie?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Tonks wrote:
The fact that you're having discussion about Three inches or Borealis, both developped as pilots and not picked up to series, even though you added them because they're two parters though 70 minutes is not a two parter (per se) but just a longer pilot which is very common for Syfy or USA (for example).

Looks like we concluded in this thread that Three Inches was an actual TV Pilot (and not a made-for-TV movie), and thus it can be added.

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

Tonks wrote:

The fact that you're having discussion about Three inches or Borealis, both developped as pilots and not picked up to series, even though you added them because they're two parters though 70 minutes is not a two parter (per se) but just a longer pilot which is very common for Syfy or USA (for example).

I don't know about Borealis, but Three Inches was in development, they actually produced and filmed the first episode, and then Syfy decided, No, we're not going to do it. However, they had paid the money for it and wanted to get some of it back. So they aired it as close to the end of the contract year, and with as little fanfare as possible because advertising it would have cost them more money.

Ditto for Justice League, Rewind, and Mockingbird Lane.

If a show is In Development but no episode is ever produced, at some point IMO it should be removed from the database. Unless TVMaze wants to contain that kind of historical data. That's up to them. But there's no episode, and sometimes there's even no cast. And if someone was cast for it, it's a bit misleading to list someone who never appeared in a show and the show never aired, as a cast member of that show.

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

To David : Yes, but it aired... What i'm asking is are you open to create pages for shows in real development. Let me show you it's going to be easier :

Here

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2015/08/25/deve...

The first show listed is in pilot season. It means, it's casting, and it will be filmed. From what you're saying those should be added regardless of airing... But i know that can't be right because your "control" is airdate. And Animal Kingdom may never air, may not be ordered to series...

Again, this is why it's confusing. You're counting on people using the terms like you are. But most people won't.

Gadfly, you and I are using the same language, i agree with everything you've said.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'm closing this thread. I don't know how often I have to repeat that it's OK to add TV Shows that are in development before you hear me, but I don't want to find out.

Tonks, since you're not actively editing anyway, I don't understand why you care to involve yourself in every single discussion in the first place, often causing the thread to derail completely. Please stop arguing for the sake of arguing, we really do have better things to do.

Jaguardog, if anything is still unclear to you, please open a new thread and I'll make sure Tonks stays out of it.

Try 30 days of free premium.