Try 30 days of free premium.

Movies

animegirl wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi,

I know that there is the rule for not adding "One-off made for TV movies". Does this also include a series of movies with the same title? For example, The Land Before Time has a series of 13 movies.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 0

animegirl wrote:
Hi,
I know that there is the rule for not adding "One-off made for TV movies". Does this also include a series of movies with the same title? For example, The Land Before Time has a series of 13 movies.

It is a bit of a grey area for us when it is about a movies franchise. I personally think we allow them, but let's wait for David, Jan and Juan to state their opinion :)

Sharknado & Jesse stone are similiar and they were allowed too, so I guess it won't be a problem if it is listed as one franchise.

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

A more pertinent question is, is The Land Before Time a TV series, or movie and direct-to-DVD releases?

(Even if they were subsequently aired on TV, where did they originate?)

I've already been told that a series that was only released on DVD should not currently be considered for TVMaze. Since there's no way to list it by channel/web channel. What channel would the TLBT series be listed under?

Gadfly wrote:
A more pertinent question is, is The Land Before Time a TV series, or movie and direct-to-DVD releases?
(Even if they were subsequently aired on TV, where did they originate?)
I've already been told that a series that was only released on DVD should not currently be considered for TVMaze. Since there's no way to list it by channel/web channel. What channel would the TLBT series be listed under?

You are right Gadfly. I have been checking it up for now and it is a direct-to-video series, so we won't be adding them ;)

animegirl wrote 8 years ago: 1

I see... Well what about the Halloweentown series (4 movies)? These are movies only, and they were all original released on the Disney Channel.

animegirl wrote:
I see... Well what about the Halloweentown series (4 movies)? These are movies only, and they were all original released on the Disney Channel.

If that's the case and it is released under the same franchise, it may be added

Adnaan wrote 8 years ago: 0

Juan, Thomas, David

To avoid all this confusion why don't you just let people add TV movies? It would decrease the amount of debate that goes on for that and essentially TV movies, are made by TV show based actors/directors/producers usually.

Please consider this.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Nah, there's an extremely large amount of made for TV movies. We want to focus on actual TV shows instead of spending our time on these.

Adnaan wrote:
Juan, Thomas, David
To avoid all this confusion why don't you just let people add TV movies? It would decrease the amount of debate that goes on for that and essentially TV movies, are made by TV show based actors/directors/producers usually.
Please consider this.

This requires a total revised lay-out for them. It might be possible in the far future, but for now we decided to not add them.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yeah, and half of what we have (episodes, guest cast, seasons, recurring characters, etc) doesn't apply to one-off made for TV movies at all. They would need an entirely different data model.

Adnaan wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Yeah, and half of what we have (episodes, guest cast, seasons, recurring characters, etc) doesn't apply to one-off made for TV movies at all. They would need an entirely different data model.

True!

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:

The only thing that would not apply would be seasons (and even then). The rest is still good. Main cast, guest cast (not recurring of course) and episode...

Plus you never know when a tv movie becomes a franchise... Flower in the attics for example or Descendants, or that Zaf Effron 3 tv movies...

But i agree the amount of tv movies is staggering, Hallmark has one per week (pretty much) and that is not accounting for the 12 days of christmas. But i am not seeing how the design would not work for these. Of course, you'd need to revise the characters' guide creation on default, but i have already said what i thought on the topic.

I think you're taking the problem in reverse. For the record on our website we are very careful about what we add. But that's because in France, the rule is 90 minutes and the exceptions are tv shows so adding all those shitty tv movies really irks us all more than anything. But we realized we needed to add some of them because 1. most starts as a try for a series, 2. some are being nominated to awards thus need to be added.

deleted wrote a year ago: 0

Sorry for question 

what does One-off made for TV movies mean?

does it mean Movies made Into series?

momijigari wrote a year ago: 0

@Phatsteffe73 wrote:
Sorry for question 

what does One-off made for TV movies mean?

does it mean Movies made Into series?

As should be evident already by the name "one-off" (as well as previous replies, and the data policies), no. Literally the opposite.

Try 30 days of free premium.