Try 30 days of free premium.

Appearances count

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

I know it's been said a few times here, but couldn't find if this one's been looked at or not. And When.

Erik Van Looy has 6 appearances, but if you look at his profile or character page, you see 26 appearances.
Same for other characters.

Thanks for making this clear :-)

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

MichaelDeBoey wrote:
I know it's been said a few times here, but couldn't find if this one's been looked at or not. And When.
Erik Van Looy has 6 appearances, but if you look at his profile or character page, you see 26 appearances.
Same for other characters.
Thanks for making this clear :-)

I think this happens when a character gets merged, but david can confirm this 100% :)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Fixed it for this show.

The problem occured in the past when merging characters. That should be fixed for a while now though, so I'm not entirely sure if that is what happened here. If you notice any more counts going bad, let me know!

david wrote:
Fixed it for this show.
The problem occured in the past when merging characters. That should be fixed for a while now though, so I'm not entirely sure if that is what happened here. If you notice any more counts going bad, let me know!

You can only fix it per show?
I thought it would be just a database-problem?

tnt wrote 8 years ago: 1

Another one:

30 appearances, but only 4 on the characters page

I hopefully pinpointed and fixed the bug that caused it. I also resynced the appearance counts for the entire database, so every single one of them should be correct now. If it ever happens again, let me know :)

tnt wrote 8 years ago: 1

Awesome!

david wrote:
I hopefully pinpointed and fixed the bug that caused it. I also resynced the appearance counts for the entire database, so every single one of them should be correct now. If it ever happens again, let me know :)

Thanks David! :-)

whisperintherain wrote 8 years ago: 1

Great work fixing this, however there must still be a problem somewhere: the character page for Alba Villanueva from Jane the Virgin lists the same episode (Episode 1x22) twice. It also appears twice on the actress's cast credits. Hope you find what caused this glitch.

Ah, good find but that was unrelated. :) There was simply a duplicate cast appearance entry, most likely caused by a merge. I removed it.

Try 30 days of free premium.