Try 30 days of free premium.

Frasier Cast

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

done

The.Twister wrote 8 years ago: 1

I did not add him, but did notice that he was there twice.

Now if this is the case, then we would need someone to remove him.

I can say thought, that Eddie is in the closing credits of the show.

I have also noticed that Dan Butler is showing in the cast, however he is not in any of the opening credits of the show. Should he be a cast or guest star on the episodes he appears in?

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

From what I understand from David's statements at the link above, animals aren't listed no matter what place there credit is displayed at.

Where a star is listed doesn't necessarily determine whether they're a show star or not. Many US animated and UK shows list all their cast at the end. A staff member would have to answer what determines if someone is a show star, if they haven't already.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

an animal is only allowed as character (not as actor) if it is voiced by an real human, otherwise we do not add them

It would also need to review if Dan Butler should be in cast or put in as guest cast for his appearances ... not sure where this one falls.

A casual check of various sources indicates that Butler is considered a recurring character, not main cast. I won't have a chance to check any episodes until tonight.

A couple of other sources suggest that Butler became a show star in the 4th season, and was recurring before that. So you might want to focus on those later episodes. If you check a 1-3 season episode, the credits may very well show him as a guest star. Then later he got promoted. Things change: it happens.

Just because TVMaze has Butler listed as a main character, doesn't mean that he is. I've seen a number of other shows here that list guest stars as main cast, including some very obscure one-shot actors. I assume that the automatic import function is responsible.

I just passed all of season one.

He only appears in episode 2 - 9 - 10 - 12 - 14 - 20. And in the closing credits he is a guest star.

I did check on Season 5 episode 3 (Halloween) and he is there in the opening credits. So this may very well be (my) the confusion.

I understand how someone can start off as a re-curring guest star and move up into the more Main Cast area. I am starting to wonder if possible on the Main Cast screen if we can specify they are main cast from season 1 to season 3 say.... (and not only for this show, but now thiking of cast of NCIS, how some main characters leave and are pretty much replaced).

It's not confusion. As long as you didn't remove him from the main cast, it would have been okay. Nothing wrong with adding him to the season 1-3 episodes where he was a guest star, as a guest star, if that's what he was credited as.

Staff can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that currently, they want the character names to be "clean" without any season identifiers. But down the road they may add an attribute field where you can add things like season appearances.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I deleted Moose, thanks!

Indeed, a character being main cast in some seasons and guest cast in others is perfectly normal. The way to properly indicate this would be to simply add the Guest Cast and Cast Appearance entries for the appropriate episodes. Doing so will already indicate the difference between guest & main cast on the Person and Character pages. Perhaps we'll also add some kind of indicator on the cast page in the future!

I will just dot down on my piece of paper here the episodes he was in as a Guest Star for the first few seasons till we can get clarification from Staff to see what I should do.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Thanks David, I will go ahead and add him in the episode for the first few seasons when he was not labelled as cast in the opening credits.

Also, while typing my last message, seems I messed up on an episode for the guest casts.... can someone please erase all guests for Season 2 Episode 11 -- http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/49475/frasier-2x11-...

Once clear I will re-add the correct ones .... many thanks.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

The.Twister wrote:
Thanks David, I will go ahead and add him in the episode for the first few seasons when he was not labelled as cast in the opening credits.
Also, while typing my last message, seems I messed up on an episode for the guest casts.... can someone please erase all guests for Season 2 Episode 11 -- http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/49475/frasier-2x11-...
Once clear I will re-add the correct ones .... many thanks.

they are all deleted :)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Great work!

If there's ever any confusion, we can add a note to the show wiki to clarify it to other people who want to edit. But once the proper cast appearances and guest cast entries are added, I think it should be pretty clear. :)

It's all good now David, I have a better understanding on how we are having things entered and so forth. Many thanks for clearing everything up.

Try 30 days of free premium.