Try 30 days of free premium.

Unfollowed show is visible in my watchlist because of tag

turbopipp wrote 8 years ago: 1

I unfollowed a show, but the tag was not deleted and therefore showed up in my watchlist when sorting by tag..I think. :)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

It's not a bug, it's a feature! :-)

In all seriousness though, this is how I intended it. While the userinterface usually presents follows and tags together, they are decoupled in the backend, so unfollowing a show does not automatically remove your tags from that show. This means that show will still show up in the watchlist for that tag. You can of course untag the show via your tags dashboard.

Does it make sense now, or do you think the behavior should be changed?

I suppose it makes sense.. if I dislike a show I can follow it, tag it with "crap" then unfollow it. Could you also please make it so every time I go into a show page tagged "crap" it would display the letters in red tilted 45 degrees across the cover so that I never evaluate it again? ;)

In all seriousness though, if it is possible to tag a show without following it in the first place, it would make sense to separate them like that. Will it be possible to tag unfollowed shows directly in the future?

As it is now, there is a hierarchy, first you follow, then you tag. Logically if you regret the first action, and undoes that one, then all the steps that had the first step as a prerequisite should also be undone. Kinda like if you delete a folder on your computer you'd expect the files to be deleted as well. :)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

You're right, the fact that it's currently only possible to tag followed shows makes it a little confusing. Once we make it possible to tag shows without having to follow them first - I think by displaying the tags+edit button somewhere on a show main page - it should be clear enough, right?

A tags button on the show main page sounds great, without having to follow. I've actually been missing that functionality. :) And yes, that would totally clear things up logically.

Ceresmoon wrote 8 years ago: 1

Sorry for my weird question but
How/where do I tag a show? Can't find it :D

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Ceresmoon wrote:
Sorry for my weird question but
How/where do I tag a show? Can't find it :D

Top right corner, click the arrow down next to your name and ''Dashboard'', there should be a tab named; Tag

This link will bring you there;' http://www.tvmaze.com/dashboard/tags

Try 30 days of free premium.