Try 30 days of free premium.

Why are you wasting time rewording official summaries?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Today I submitted 2 shows to be added to the site and they both had summaries on them yet whoever approved them decided to change both summaries to suit themselves. Why is this being done and can it please be stopped? We discussed this problem many months ago about changing summaries and now someone is doing it again. Here are the 2 shows and what they changed:

#1 On Freddie Roach - The summary now begins this way - The cinéma-vérité series focuses on Freddie Roach (what is that garbage after "The" anyways?)

My summary began - This unscripted show focuses on Freddie Roach

#2 Weird or What? - The summary now begins this way - Hosted by William Shatner, each episode of Weird or What?

My summary began - "William Shatner's Weird or What?" is a series on the Discovery Channel in the US and later aired on History in Canada that was hosted by William Shatner

Big difference! I also submitted the show as "William Shatner's Weird or What?" Not "Weird or What?" even though it states that several places you will see that the complete name on every single show photo has his name on it to include the one they used and the one I added to it's gallery.

This show first aired as "Weird or What?" however at the beginning of Season 2 it's title was changed to "William Shatner's Weird or What?" and stayed that title for the 3rd and final season

Now I know they added it as an AKA but I was going to add the original title instead as an aka!

Can the title please be changed back to what it should be?

and can you please change this garbage - cinéma-vérité

Has there been a policy change that allows a show approval to change anything on a show, title, summary etc.?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Today I submitted 2 shows to be added to the site and they both had summaries on them yet whoever approved them decided to change both summaries to suit themselves. Why is this being done and can it please be stopped? We discussed this problem many months ago about changing summaries and now someone is doing it again. Here are the 2 shows and what they changed:
#1 On Freddie Roach - The summary now begins this way - The cinéma-vérité series focuses on Freddie Roach (what is that garbage after "The" anyways?)
My summary began - This unscripted show focuses on Freddie Roach
#2 Weird or What? - The summary now begins this way - Hosted by William Shatner, each episode of Weird or What?
My summary began - "William Shatner's Weird or What?" is a series on the Discovery Channel in the US and later aired on History in Canada that was hosted by William Shatner
Big difference! I also submitted the show as "William Shatner's Weird or What?" Not "Weird or What?" even though it states that several places you will see that the complete name on every single show photo has his name on it to include the one they used and the one I added to it's gallery.
This show first aired as "Weird or What?" however at the beginning of Season 2 it's title was changed to "William Shatner's Weird or What?" and stayed that title for the 3rd and final season

Now I know they added it as an AKA but I was going to add the original title instead as an aka!
Can the title please be changed back to what it should be?
and can you please change this garbage - cinéma-vérité

Has there been a policy change that allows a show approval to change anything on a show, title, summary etc.?

Cinéma-Vérité is a special kind of style:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cin%C3%A9ma_v%C3%A9r...

cheers
Juan

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I qoute HBO's official summary.

HBO and Emmy-nominated filmmaker Peter Berg will team up for the new primetime series 'On Freddie Roach.' The cinéma-vérité series focuses on Freddie Roach, the world-famous boxing trainer who owns and operates the famed Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, where he has produced a host of world champions. This intensely personal look at Roach chronicles his life and career against the backdrop of Parkinson's disease, an ailment very likely linked to his own boxing past.

If your not being familiar with this term, it does not mean it doesn't exist....

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:

There's no policy and I'm told there never has been against changing anything on a show, as long as it's a) accurate, and b) of good quality. Making such changes is never considered a waste of time at TVMaze.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

TVmaze isn't a matter of "first come, first serve", data can be changed afterwards by someone else. :)

Of course a summary's quality is quite subjective, so if there are any conflicts on that front the usual hierarchy applies and Head Contributors have the final say.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:
TVmaze isn't a matter of "first come, first serve", data can be changed afterwards by someone else. :)
Of course a summary's quality is quite subjective, so if there are any conflicts on that front the usual hierarchy applies and Head Contributors have the final say.

Then why do we even bother putting a summary if they are going to change it willy nilly? If that's the case no more summaries from me on show adds!

What about them changing that show's title wrongly? Do you condone that also?

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Then why do we even bother putting a summary if they are going to change it willy nilly? If that's the case no more summaries from me on show adds!

It's like Gadfly told before: If the new summary (or whatever is changed) is a) more accurate and/or b) of better quality why wouldn't we allow somebody to change that information?

If you see somebody has changed your summary and you think yours was better, you can always start a discussion for that offcourse :-)
But like David stated: the usual hierarchy applies if it stays a conflict.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:

We cannot set everything in stone that is contributed, it happens that the next user has a better contribution for it, so why wouldn't we change it then ?

We want to have the best thing possible :)

According to the name change, if the show changed the name in the second season it should have that name.

cheers
Juan

Try 30 days of free premium.