TV Show Tags Update

Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago an improvement was rolled out that made it possible to add tags from the show pages themselves. More info about it here.

To improve the tag system and to make it more consistent throughout the site, we had to throw away some of the old code and replace it with something more flexible.

We received feedback from you guys regarding this temporary downgrade. (We're always happy to see the community responsive regarding changes.)

So as a second step towards improving tags: we've made it possible to manage them from the follows page as well.

You can find the follows page in your user dropdown menu. (screenshot below)

415111.jpg

If you're asking yourself what you can do with tags:

You're already able to follow tv shows so that they appear in your schedule, calendar, watchlist etc.
Tags allow you to manage shows more granularly. You can tag shows any way you like instead of just following it. F.e a 'watch later' tag is a good way to keep track of shows you might be interested in but don't want to show up in your listings for the time being.

Let us know what you think about this update.
And we're still thinking about how to improve the tags page itself, if you have any other suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know.
We're listening. :)

Written by Jan at Sep 1, 2018

Comments

dekhasia posted 11 days ago

This makes it a lot easier to tag shows more quickly, nicely done :) very nice.

ras44ecs posted a month ago

Thanks for the tags on the main page. Much better.

I don't know if I'm missing it but, I'd like to rearrange the order of my tags. Right now the first tag available to add is the least used. If I could change the order it would be more convenient. At times I may want to revert to the original list as well.

Thanks for all you guys do. It's appreciated.

Bob

Jan posted 3 months ago

@kimbiel: Glad you like it. thanks for the support.

kimbiel posted 3 months ago

Much better - now tags are actually useful. Thanks!

Jan posted 3 months ago

@silversurfer,

Sure thing, we'll also make an AI that watches those shows in your place. ;)

SilverSurfer posted 3 months ago

The more ways to interact the better. People can use one, the other, or all methods ... whatever floats particular boats. 'tis a good change.

Now, a suggestion. Can you guys add an AI that will analyze the shows I follow, their type & genre, my previous tag selections, do a web search and then tag the shows for me? That'd be super! No rush. It would make a nice Christmas gift though ... hint, hint. ;)

JuanArango posted 3 months ago

This makes it a lot easier to tag shows more quickly, nicely done :)

Login to leave a comment on this blog.