Try 30 days of free premium.

Add Birthdays w/o the Year

LadyShelley wrote 7 years ago: 1

There are any number of actors who do not list a birth year anywhere, so I'd agree it would be nice to be able to do this. Not sure it's possible with the software, however, someone else would have to answer that part of the equation

Aidan wrote 7 years ago: 1

I think I've mentioned something similar before too. Coming across actors where you only know the birth year isn't uncommon either.

SilverSurfer wrote 7 years ago: 1

Aidan wrote:
I think I've mentioned something similar before too. Coming across actors where you only know the birth year isn't uncommon either.

True. I guess I'd like to be able to add whatever info that is know even if it's just the year, month, day or some combo.

dpratt wrote 7 years ago: 1

I agree. I like being able to add birth year (and sometimes birth month) even if the exact date isn't known.

And older actors often don't want to reveal the year they were born, and only the month and day are known.

By the way Don't use FamousBirthdays or HotBirthdays as birthday sources. I have no idea why, but many many of their birthdays are wrong. I have come across this again and again.

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

Yes, I too would love to be able to add any Birthday info. that is known instead of needing to have all 3 (Year/Month/Day). We should be able to add what we can find even if it is only 1 of those 3 or 2 of those 3.

Additionally if only the year is know the site could still calculate/compute the age like it does at Wikipedia when the other 2 items are not known by using 2 years like this (51 or 52).

Being able to put in any of the 3 items needed for DOB would at least get that star's information going and if someone comes by at a later date has more information they can easily add to what is already there.

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

This isn't technically possible for now, but we'll keep it in mind for the future.

wmulder wrote 7 years ago: 1

In a lot of cases the actor does not want his birthday/date/year known. Don't look for more than what is readily available.

wmulder wrote:
In a lot of cases the actor does not want his birthday/date/year known. Don't look for more than what is readily available.

This not the case in many instances as that information not found on one site can be found on another. Many time I have found only Year of Birth on Wikipedia and looked at IMDB and found the other 2 pieces and the opposite has been true in some cases as well. Sometimes you can find it on their Facebook account under "About". So readily available on one or more sites bay be available elsewhere! I don't normally give up after looking at 3 or 4 sites myself.

JAGUARDOG wrote:

This not the case in many instances as that information not found on one site can be found on another. Many time I have found only Year of Birth on Wikipedia and looked at IMDB and found the other 2 pieces and the opposite has been true in some cases as well. Sometimes you can find it on their Facebook account under "About". So readily available on one or more sites bay be available elsewhere! I don't normally give up after looking at 3 or 4 sites myself.

Maybe sometimes you should give up after 3 or 4 times. Like I said, sometimes they don't like the info made public. If they published it themselves, like on Facebook or similar site, it is fair game though.

wmulder wrote:

Maybe sometimes you should give up after 3 or 4 times. Like I said, sometimes they don't like the info made public. If they published it themselves, like on Facebook or similar site, it is fair game though.

I am a very stubborn person and very dedicated to finding all the information so I have set a limit on 5 sites before I get totally frustrated and finally give up!

Be less stubborn, live is less frustrating and a lot easier that way

Twitter is also a great resource for birthdays I have found. People often tweet about their birthdays, or at least a friend or a relative will give a birthday tweet. Birth year is usually missing in this case though for people older than about 21.

CaliforniaBirthIndex is another great resource for people born in California as long as you know the person's birth name, and sometimes birth county. Lots of other sites like Ancestry also have information if you pay for a membership.

I forgot to mention, Whitepages Intelius and Spokeo all give free age results for people who live in the United States. I find them helpful and accurate. These sites don't work for Canadian or other foreign actors though.

Melissa wrote 6 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
... I'd like to be able to add whatever info that is know even if it's just the year, month, day or some combo.

+1
and change the viewing from YYYY-mm-dd to day&month + year (dd&MMMM + YYYY), please.

Try 30 days of free premium.