Try 30 days of free premium.

Filter(s) and sort on Web Channels page

suemac wrote 7 years ago: 1

At least the country filter and limited sort feature for the Web Channels page like it appears on the Networks main page. Thanks

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

I think the country filter would be pretty much useless, because many of the web channels are international.

But sorting is really necessary. At least alphabetic.

Also it would be nice to have search for the network / web channel.

I wondered about the country issue too tnt...but still submitted this after seeing that several Web Channels did have a single country designation...appears to be maybe a home base only or something....Netflix for example...there's Netflix US, Netflix Canada, etc. There could/should ? be multiple Netfix 's like some of the networks. A few shows in this database premier/air in different seasons, even different years, depending on the country and if produced or continued on in partnerships between Netflix and other than US Networks.

Sort would help and search too...hadn't thought about that...for both Networks and Web Channels.

Have you or anyone else noticed...it appears to me their are some web channels duplicated multiple times on the Web Channels pages ?

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

suemac wrote:
I wondered about the country issue too tnt...but still submitted this after seeing that several Web Channels did have a single country designation...appears to be maybe a home base only or something....Netflix for example...there's Netflix US, Netflix Canada, etc. There could/should ? be multiple Netfix 's like some of the networks. A few shows in this database premier/air in different seasons, even different years, depending on the country and if produced or continued on in partnerships between Netflix and other than US Networks.
Sort would help and search too...hadn't thought about that...for both Networks and Web Channels.
Have you or anyone else noticed...it appears to me their are some web channels duplicated multiple times on the Web Channels pages ?

Netflix has different rights for commissioned shows in different countries, that's why they have regional subdivisions. But it's still the same Netflix, and as far as I know their original shows are available worldwide. And licenses tend to expand, so some shows that was at first available only in US or Canada became available in other countries, so there's no reason to link some shows only to a specific country, it can change at any moment.

As for "duplicates" – there's a full list of the channels at the show creating page, there's no duplicates there. And I think that TVmaze has a failsafe against creating a duplicate channel. I think it's the same channels appearing several times at the different pages, some sorting bug or something. Can you give an example?

Understood. Yeah, looking at the url when you hover over the 'dups' on the main pages has the same thing so the possibility of a sort or page/re-page code issue occurred to me. I'm sure I saw Yahoo View appear on at least 3 pages...and the ones just before and just after it too.. a y something (Japan?) and atom something or similar. Now that I think about it, it's like parameters change from one page to the next...then back.

This is sounding very similar to what happens on 'my' pages...the last sort setting before a small edit to one item on a list don't stick. One example is my list of shows in alpha order...update a tag on one show, hit save, and the list goes back to followed least recently. Other pages are like that too. It's quite annoying actually.

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

I'll add a sort & filter this week if I don't forget.

Countries on web channels are quite complicated indeed. Especially Netflix, which is clearly of American origin but with a different catalogue in each country. For now you'll have to do with just the primary country, but we'll keep an eye out for possible improvements.

Understood. In the meantime, would it be appropriate to include a note on a shows main page where a series has been picked up for continuation and will be released outside of the original country at a different time? An example is 'Frontier' I had some details about it and included that in private msg with Juan but don't know how to retrieve msg. Thanks.

The summary is really only ment for a description of the show, not for various other trivia. There have been discussions about a notes/trivia/faq section for shows and episodes, which we're not opposed to but would be pretty hard to regulate.

Access your previously read messages here: http://www.tvmaze.com/message/inbox

Gotcha, thanks!

Done, you can now sort them and filter them where applicable.

Thanks!

Try 30 days of free premium.