Try 30 days of free premium.

Tagged Shows endpoint for Premium user API

VortX wrote 6 years ago: 1

I recently subscribed to a premium membership in order to use the user API, but there is a key information that I am missing: tagged shows. Are there any plans to implement such an endpoint? Should this request be included in the thread "Better show tag management" under Pending Features? Thanks in advance.

david wrote 6 years ago: 1

Sounds like a good candidate to add!

Anyone else who's interested in it?

Is no one really interested in this? :'(

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

Just to clarify, are you meaning getting all shows for a particular tag, or showing all tags on a followed show.

I mean getting all the shows that I have tagged (currently followed or not). I guess the optimal JSON layout would be a list where each element has a "tag name" attribute and a "shows" attribute containing a list of shows IDs. Or it might be a list of show IDs, each containing list of tags, I don't know. The N:N relationship between tag and show is problematic :)

The PUT and DELETE methods should also be implemented like in the other premium endpoints, allowing to tag a show or remove a tag from a show providing the show ID and the tag name.

I know it's asking for much in terms of developing resources, but i have to try :)

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

VortX wrote:
The PUT and DELETE methods should also be implemented like in the other premium endpoints, allowing to tag a show or remove a tag from a show providing the show ID and the tag name.

I know it's asking for much in terms of developing resources, but i have to try :)

Yes, it would be useful to be able to set or remove them as well.

In regards to resource, one of the benefits of premium is that features for it will be given a bit more priority over other development (even more attention is given to suggestions coming from users with Gold subscription). Obviously it's ultimately their choice, but they'll be more inclined to do so.

Try 30 days of free premium.