Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Please next time consider that Russian/Ukrainian series very rarely are named in Latin, usually it's a transliterated name, so it need to be looked up in it's original language. Also, you can search TVmaze for "tvdb 269264" :)

But latin names should be added as AKA tho :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
But latin names should be added as AKA tho :)

Not necessarily. If the series was never broadcasted outside a Cyrillic countries, why would it need a Latin AKA? Where should it came from? And even if it does, it would rather be a translated name, not a transliteration.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Not necessarily. If the series was never broadcasted outside a Cyrillic countries, why would it need a Latin AKA? Where should it came from?

I agree here :)

tnt wrote:
Not necessarily. If the series was never broadcasted outside a Cyrillic countries, why would it need a Latin AKA? Where should it came from? And even if it does, it would rather be a translated name, not a transliteration.

Not everyone has a cyrilic keyboard if someone is interested in a series from them.

Thomas wrote:
Not everyone has a cyrilic keyboard if someone is interested in a series from them.

policy says aka is not for translations, only for adding names that a show has in a different country :)

Thomas wrote:

It's not a reason to invent a made-up name. If the series have an official Latin/English name, it should be added, obviously. But if it's not – the Latin name shouldn't be invented.

In this particular case, "Motylki" is a made-up name. It's a transliteration from the original Мотыльки (moths), but the series have a totally different official English name, Inseparable.

JuanArango wrote:
policy says aka is not for translations, only for adding names that a show has in a different country :)

It's kind of implied in the meaning of AKA – also known as. The series should really be known under this name :)

tnt wrote:
It's not a reason to invent a made-up name. If the series have an official Latin/English name, it should be added, obviously. But if it's not – the Latin name shouldn't be invented.

In this particular case, "Motylki" is a made-up name. It's a transliteration from the original Мотыльки (moths), but the series have a totally different official English name, Inseparable.

I fully agree with you on this :)

tnt wrote:

with all do respect, but if we are going to whine about such small thing, our policy says too that english names will have precedence over their original Ukrainian/russian name, why are u still using the local name?

Thomas wrote:
our policy says too that english names will have precedence over their original Ukrainian/russian name

But it does not :D

It says exactly the opposite:

The name must be the original name given by the network or web channel. There must be no suffixes like "(UK)" or "(2013)" that are not part of the original show name. If a show doesn't have a name or working title, it should not yet be added.

Normally, the name's original language and character set should be used, no translations or transliterations. However, some shows are known by multiple names, all of which can be considered official. This mainly happens with - Japanese - anime shows, which can have a name in the Chinese/Kanji character set (like "進撃の巨人"), a transliterated Latin version (like "Shingeki no Kyojin") and sometimes even an English version ("One Piece").

tnt wrote:
But it does not :D

The name must be the original name given by the network or web channel. There must be no suffixes like "(UK)" or "(2013)" that are not part of the original show name. If a show doesn't have a name or working title, it should not yet be added.

Normally, the name's original language and character set should be used, no translations or transliterations. However, some shows are known by multiple names, all of which can be considered official. This mainly happens with - Japanese - anime shows, which can have a name in the Chinese/Kanji character set (like "進撃の巨人"), a transliterated Latin version (like "Shingeki no Kyojin") and sometimes even an English version ("One Piece").

You forgot to quote the last part.

When this is the case, the English or transliterated name takes precedence over the Kanji version. All other available names should be added as AKA.

Kanji is here being used as example, but it also depicts to any other language.

Thomas wrote:

When this is the case, the English or transliterated name takes precedence over the Kanji version. All other available names should be added as AKA.

This is the important part:

Such a name is only considered official when it's actively used by the Show's original network or producers.

JuanArango wrote:
This is the important part:

Such a name is only considered official when it's actively used by the Show's original network or producers.

Well from the link tnt gave us, inseperable was an official link or isn't it?

Thomas wrote:

Does it? Why doesn't it say so?)))
It reminds me of discussion we've had over the names of the Russian actors.

But honestly, I couldn't care less, as long as the show could be found by it's original name :P

tnt wrote:
Does it? Why doesn't it say so?)))
It reminds me of discussion we've had over the names of the Russian actors.

But honestly, I couldn't care less, as long as the show could be found by it's original name :P

I never supported that either to use russian for their names. As simple as that, so I guess you understand my point :)

bungle wrote 4 years ago: 1

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/38758/jazzology-with-soweto-kinch < looks to be a one-part docu, hence no episodes.

bungle wrote:
https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/38758/jazzology-with-soweto-kinch < looks to be a one-part docu, hence no episodes.

someone beat me to it :)

augur wrote 4 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
The official Netflix site lists it as two seasons.

Thanks for the clarification, that's why I queried since I found disagreement, I suspected a retcon. I'll just have to rename for my scraper.

Try 30 days of free premium.