Try 30 days of free premium.

Hallowe'en 2018

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'm a sucker for shows that have holidays as a theme, or at least a significant backdrop. So I thought I would start a thread where other like-minded folks could post any info/links they come across that have info on upcoming Hallowe'en themed episodes and/or events (ie Monstober on Disney). If there's enough input and interest, perhaps it could eventually be the basis for an article/watchlist/calendar combo posted in the Articles section. So start listing stuff all you boys 'n ghouls.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

I also love Halloween themed episodes, even as I am a German.

One of my favorite ones were from the Buffy universe.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I also love Halloween themed episodes, even as I am a German.

It's just in time to come out of Oktoberfest soak XD

In case anyone needs to get in the mood for Hallowe'en, I assume these guys will be up and running again this year ... https://countdowntohalloween.blogspot.com/ ... if you can't find something of interest in at least one of the participating sites/blogs, time to consider that you may in fact be a zombie.

Hallowe'en is 75 days out from today. And 75 years ago, give or take a decade, these shows were on the radio ... download the free audio files and have a listen if you like ... many of these shows made the jump to early TV ... My Favorite Husband with Lucy was the basis for TV's I Love Lucy ... an early treat to get you in the mood.

http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com/halloween-old-time-radio-shows.php

cecja wrote 5 years ago: 1

Bob's Burgers usually have a Halloween themed episode, I hope they have one this year.

Not TV exactly but ...

Nightmare Before Christmas & Hocus Pocus Returning to Theaters

https://screenrant.com/nightmare-before-christmas-hocus-pocus-theaters-disney/

Disney's spooky cult classics The Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus are being brought back from the dead and returning to select movie theaters nationwide. Both films were released back in 1993 and will be celebrating their 25th anniversaries this year. While there has always been debate whether or not Nightmare Before Christmas is a Halloween or a Christmas movie (it's both), both it and Hocus Pocus receive repeat viewings and inspired costumes from fans during the month of October, and Disney has decided that their return to theaters is the perfect way to celebrate.

SilverSurfer wrote:
Hallowe'en is 75 days out from today. And 75 years ago, give or take a decade, these shows were on the radio ... download the free audio files and have a listen if you like ... many of these shows made the jump to early TV ... My Favorite Husband with Lucy was the basis for TV's I Love Lucy ... an early treat to get you in the mood.

http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com/halloween-old-time-radio-shows.php

I should have pointed out here that old radio shows are a product of their time (c.1930s-1950s) and as such may not meet current, social standards. Many are perfectly fine. Some have tobacco as sponsors. Some are downright cringe worthy in their blatant sexist, racist attitudes. I try not to judge these through today's lens but accept them as they are, a sometimes flawed product of a (more than now) flawed time. Likely, 75 years from now, people will look back on our TV/radio and say "What the hell were they thinking?!"

The Food Network celebrates Halloween again this year with ...

1. Halloween Baking Championship returning on Monday, September 24th at 9pm ET/PT

2. Halloween Wars returning on Sunday, September 30th at 9pm ET/PT sandwiched between two specials

3. Best of Halloween Baking Championship special airs Monday, October 1st at 10pm ET/PT

4. Haunted Gingerbread Showdown premieres Sunday, October 7th at 10pm ET/PT

5. Halloween Cake-Off special airs Monday, October 8th at 10pm ET/PT

6. Trisha's Halloween Spooktacular special airs Monday, October 15th at 8pm ET/PT

Good Witch - Two-Hour Halloween Special Event Sunday, October 21 (9 p.m. ET/PT)

Cassie's precious family heirloom - a beautiful red ruby known as The Heart of Middleton - goes missing from the History of Halloween in Middleton museum exhibit. Without its Heart, the town of Middleton starts to doubt their Halloween spirit just in time for their annual festival competition with Blairsville. Complicating matters, Martha feels unappreciated and defects to Blairsville, giving new mayor Abigail Pershing a run for her money. It all culminates at an anniversary black tie Halloween gala at the museum honoring the lore of the Heart of Middleton, where the Merriwicks help to re-inspire their fellow Middletonians.

Freeform Scares Up Maximum Thrills with Newly Expanded "31 Nights of Halloween" Programming Event

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/09/04/freeform-scares-up-maximum-thrills-with-newly-expanded-31-nights-of-halloween-programming-event-752210/20180904freeform01/

The Holiday Event Will Celebrate the 25 Anniversaries of 'Hocus Pocus' and 'Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas'

All New 'Decorating Disney' Special Gives Viewers a Sneak Peek as Your Favorite Disney Destinations Prepare for Halloween

Why celebrate the spookiest time of the year for only 13 nights when you can celebrate for 31!? Freeform has expanded their annual Halloween programming event to "31 Nights of Halloween" bringing more thrills and chills to the entire month. From Oct. 1, the network will be invaded by everyone's favorite witches, a murderous barber, out of control dinosaurs and everything else that goes bump in the night.

One persons opinion on the top 10 Halloween themed episodes ...

10 of television’s best Halloween episodes

https://fansided.com/2018/10/26/10-best-halloween-tv-episodes/

TV has a proud tradition of putting out Halloween-themed episodes, so let’s decide once and for all which one is the best.

Before we dive into TV’s best Halloween episodes, I feel I should confess something: I’m not a horror fan.

Try 30 days of free premium.