Try 30 days of free premium.

Special Guest Star vs Uncredited

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

With "Cole Klean" as an AKA.

When people work under an AKA, TVMaze doesn't list them as uncredited under their "base" name. Right?

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:

When people work under an AKA, TVMaze doesn't list them as uncredited under their "base" name. Right?

correct :)

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:

I had listed Seth as a Special Guest as the character Cole Klean. Not sure what you are saying. Should I add Cole as an AKA to Seth's profile? Should I list Seth as appearing as himself aka Cole?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
I had listed Seth as a Special Guest as the character Cole Klean. Not sure what you are saying. Should I add Cole as an AKA to Seth's profile? Should I list Seth as appearing as himself aka Cole?

He is not appearing as himself. Cole Klean is the fictional character. Seth doesn't use this name as a nickname, nor does he use it anywhere outside the Jim Jefferies' show.

It's like adding all characters as an AKA to all actors )))

tnt wrote:
He is not appearing as himself. Cole Klean is the fictional character. Seth doesn't use this name as a nickname, nor does he use it anywhere outside the Jim Jefferies' show.

I know, that's why I'm seeking clarification on where Gadfly wanted me to add a "Cole Klean" aka ...

Gadfly wrote:

I'm not sure where he wants this aka added.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:

Is Cole Klean credited as a character, or as an actor?

Typically" Xxx as Yyy" is Xxx as the actor, and Yyy as the character. That isn't a good fit in this case, but TVMaze doesn't seem to have a good fit for this case. Seth Rogen isn't playing himself. He's playing a character playing "himself", whatever that means in this context.

Gadfly wrote:
You can't add AKAs at the episode/show level, so I don't know what your question is. Any AKA added would have to be at Seth Rogen's page, not the episode page..

Right?

I started the thread off with ...

Seth Rogen was in this episode as Cole Klean. The end credits read "Special Guest COLE KLEAN as himself".

Should Seth be listed as Special Guest or Uncredited? TiA

We know it's Seth, but the end written credits are exactly as noted ... "Special Guest COLE KLEAN as himself".

After 2 people said 'special', you replied ...

So my question was, where do you, Gadfly, want me to add that AKA. I was, and still am, confused where the AKA was supposed to go.

Perhaps some wires have been crossed, we're running in circles, and everything is as it should be with Seth noted as a special guest as the character Cole, no AKA anywhere?

Try 30 days of free premium.