Try 30 days of free premium.

The 4400 is back! Second time a charm?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

According to Deadline, The CW is developing a reboot of The 4400, with one of the original writers, Craig Sweeny, as showrunner and writer.

The original was great, but cancelled and ended on cliffhanger. They better not be doing the same again :)

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

This comes as a suprise afetr all this time, I loved the show, was absolutely stunning!

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

I'd actually prefer them giving the first series the proper ending, but as a second best reboot will do.

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

I loved the first, but kind of torn on this. Not everything needs to be restarted, and this show definitely doesn't need the angsty stuff we'll get with it being on CW. Also not looking forward to multiple episodes of people coming back because the original, they all came back in the same place but this one says they'll come back where they were taken... If there's a reason to do it, then ok... but if it starts to seem like a pointless reboot like Charmed and Roswell, I'll drop it fast lol

They're also rebooting a Canadian show that CW aired in the US just a few years ago called The LA Complex lol

elgianne wrote 5 years ago: 1

This was a great show. Another mega fail cancellation of The CW.

I hardly watch anything on CW or NBC now because of their stupid cancellations. I hate wasting my time to be left hanging on a story that I loved.

Starz and HBO seem to do a good job of at least bringing things to a logical conclusion so that’s where I watch most series.

I gave Roswell a shot but it’s just filled with political and racist BS, so I’m now not engaged in it.

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

elgianne wrote:
This was a great show. Another mega fail cancellation of The CW.

I hardly watch anything on CW or NBC now because of their stupid cancellations. I hate wasting my time to be left hanging on a story that I loved.

Starz and HBO seem to do a good job of at least bringing things to a logical conclusion so that’s where I watch most series.

I gave Roswell a shot but it’s just filled with political and racist BS, so I’m now not engaged in it.

CW didn't do the original one, it aired on USA Network... CW also rarely cancels stuff unless it just does absolutely atrociously lol

kevin87 wrote:
CW didn't do the original one, it aired on USA Network... CW also rarely cancels stuff unless it just does absolutely atrociously lol

USA is just as bad. I probably didn’t remember because I no longer watch any new series on USA too. Long list of networks I won’t watch since they don’t care about their viewers.

And really not true about CW. CW cancelled Star Crossed which was quite good and had a huge following. I don’t watch anything new on CW either, but I’ll probably give the 4400 a chance. Too bad they aren’t bringing back the same cast.

kevin87 wrote:

And I forgot, I actually watched Colony on USA recently and it was my favorite show. Colony was a great show but true to form, USA in their stupidity cancelled it.

My own fault for giving them another shot.

Marius572 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Networks often cancel shows (regardless of their success) that they don't own and produce in-house. Generally they will threaten to cancel as a negotiating tactic and when they don't get the concessions they're demanding, they follow through and cancel. The 4400, Colony and most recently, The Expanse. Shows that had solid viewership, with devoted fan bases. The big difference now, is we have other platforms where production companies can shop their products. Think Longmire to Netflix, The Expanse to Amazon Prime to name a few. Another factor, is broadcast networks still haven't widely accepted non-conventional viewers who DVR into their considerations, but it's likely due to advertiser pressure. Live viewers see most of their ads, whereas DVR viewers simply fast forward through. The latter is why we are seeing networks developing their own commercial free platforms like CBS All-Access etc. Eventually we'll see most big ticket shows go behind a paywall.

pentar wrote 5 years ago: 1

Deadline is reporting that The 4400 has been put off for another year.

Marius572 wrote:
Networks often cancel shows (regardless of their success) that they don't own and produce in-house. Generally they will threaten to cancel as a negotiating tactic and when they don't get the concessions they're demanding, they follow through and cancel. The 4400, Colony and most recently, The Expanse. Shows that had solid viewership, with devoted fan bases. The big difference now, is we have other platforms where production companies can shop their products. Think Longmire to Netflix, The Expanse to Amazon Prime to name a few. Another factor, is broadcast networks still haven't widely accepted non-conventional viewers who DVR into their considerations, but it's likely due to advertiser pressure. Live viewers see most of their ads, whereas DVR viewers simply fast forward through. The latter is why we are seeing networks developing their own commercial free platforms like CBS All-Access etc. Eventually we'll see most big ticket shows go behind a paywall.

You are correct. I wanted to watch the new Star Trek but i wasn’t gong to pay for yet another network.

Ive got HBO and Starz and probably won’t get any others. What I do is get the DVD if I really want to watch a show like The Hand,aids Tale which is fantastic. Disturbing but fantastic.

danharr wrote 4 years ago: 1

Doubt I'll watch different time and different me. I'm not sure I would watch the original if it came out now.

Try 30 days of free premium.