Try 30 days of free premium.

Do not gray out frequently changing fields like Schedule Days, Default Airtime, Biography

dpratt wrote 5 years ago: 1

I suggest that fields that change frequently like Schedule Days, Default Airtime, and Biography do not get grayed out so that they can be updated as needed.

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

Not going to happen. The edit lock has been set in place especially for those features as many people were simply misbehaving. Allowing them to edit freely again or frequently, will simply mess it up again... Perhaps before adding episodes and edit them frequently, do some digging for confirmed info or ask a trusted or above to change the order.

dpratt wrote 5 years ago: 1

This might be something that is solved by my other suggestion of not counting your own edits as editing conflicts. But I felt this needed its own topic because things like biographies get outdated and/or spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes need to be fixed. This is why I don't bother with biographies anymore. Scheduled airtimes and days also change frequently for some running shows. It's not like episodes where the data is fixed once the episode airs. It changes over the course of the show.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Would be possible that own edits only count 50%, david mentioned that in the other thread.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
Not going to happen. The edit lock has been set in place especially for those features as many people were simply misbehaving. Allowing them to edit freely again or frequently, will simply mess it up again... Perhaps before adding episodes and edit them frequently, do some digging for confirmed info or ask a trusted or above to change the order.

This is a very bad answer Thomas, schedule days can change often, airtimes can change often, so this has nothing to do with adding false information or needing to dig deeper.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:

Limiting legitimate edits (and the people who "behave") to stop other people from "misbehaving" doesn't seem like a good plan. Maybe "punish" the people who misbehave?

What do behaving contributors do if someone else adds episodes and edits them frequently? The problem isn't that they're limited, but that everyone--above, below, and equal to Trusted Contributor--are limited. Like dpratt suggested, shouldn't each contributor be limited by what they do?

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
Limiting legitimate edits (and the people who "behave") to stop other people from "misbehaving" doesn't seem like a good plan. Maybe "punish" the people who misbehave?

What do behaving contributors do if someone else adds episodes and edits them frequently? The problem isn't that they're limited, but that everyone--above, below, and equal to Trusted Contributor--are limited. Like dpratt suggested, shouldn't each contributor be limited by what they do?

If your own contributions count only for 50%, you will more likely have a longer edit war with a member that fails to obey our policy or continues to remove a self-written summary (like you stated before) by replacing it.

What about raising the edit limit for Supporting + Higher staff a bit? It would help dpratt most definitely.

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

I was thinking of a way where only consecutive edits from the same user would be treated more lenient.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

david wrote:
I was thinking of a way where only consecutive edits from the same user would be treated more lenient.

+1

Try 30 days of free premium.